Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

Pablo Zabaleta he is a city man,
He is an argentine, he's harder than Jaap Stam.
He plays in blue and white for pelegrini's men
and when we win the champions league we'll
sing this song again.
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat.

Pep would absolutely love him if he can stay injury free and attain the level we all know he is capable of.

love zab to bits but his performances are reminding me a little of evra's in his last season at united.

i do think he will leave and maybe serie a is the right place for him now. you only have to see what it has done to evra and the likes of zanetti and maldini in the recent past.

As long as when he retires he comes home. Mancunian born in the wrong country, if ever I saw one.

He is one of us, I hope he stays at the club in some form, for years to come.

Last edited:
IMO any emotional attachment to any player or manager is totally misplaced. These people are career professionals who have ended up at City by pure fluke of circumstances. They have been useful to the club and team while they have been here and they have been paid handsomely for it. For fans to conclude that certain players are beyond letting go regardless of age or levels of usefulness to the team, sounds to me to be totally ridiculous. They come, they go, they kiss the badge while they are here to get the fans onside and stay as long as it suits them and they leave as and when it suits them. Mr Milner is a good case in point. Personally I have no attachment to any player, which doesn't mean to say that i don't admire them or cheer them, but i do keep in mind the reality of why they are here and why they do what they do on the pitch. The only emotional attachment I personally have is to MCFC. The players and managers can come and go for me, as long as the ones coming are better than the ones going.
True

But Zabaleta had two knee ligament injuries this season. He's played a handful of games. Maybe he needs a pre-season to get back to his best. There are fullbacks like Dani Alves who are older.

I think a lot of fans who see his game dipping assume that because he's the wrong side of 30, his game is dipping terminally. Lampard, Alves etc show you can play on at the highest level well into your 30s

We all love Zaba and what he has done and what he means to City. Lots are hoping he will regain his former performances, but realistically, I would suspect most would accept that this isn't likely to happen, even under Pep. Age catches up with all great players and impacts them differently.

Lets hope when the time does come, Zab gets to do what he wants, whether that's carrying on in a lesser demanding league, staying with us in another capacity, returning to Argentina to play or whatever. All I know, when he does go, he will go with the love and respect of every City supporter.

No, I'm not saying that. I totally understand that they may form some kind of affection for the club while they are here. What I am saying is that we shouldn't be too emotional or clingy when it becomes necessary to move them on for the betterment of the team.
I agree with this notion. Players come and go in clubs, and we shouldn't hold on to players for emotional sake. We should however, show appreciation and honor to those who gave their best years to our club; Zaba, Silva, Kompany etc.

That said, I'm of the belief that Pep will give Zaba a chance in the team. I don't think Zaba is finished with top level football, probably just needs adapting and if Pep appreciates his abilities, Pep will adapt to his players too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.