Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

City Watch @City_Watch
Inter have just finished a meeting with Zabaleta's agent Federico Pastorello. Now a serious target for both Inter and Roma. [via @DiMarzio]

Is this the Inter that already can't afford to pay us for Jovetic and can't afford to pay Yaya his wage.

They can talk to who the fuck they want agent wise but it may be best if they go and talk to some investors first.

If Zaba leaves before Sagna that's it...

zab_1798003c.jpg

I'd be gutted if he left, right up there with any of my favourite players.

But if he does go he will be the benchmark for all future signings, and you can't ask for more than that.

Not read the whole thread, and if I'm repeating anything, then TS :)

PZ, JH and VK are intrinsic to the club in that they bridge the time pre ADUG. They more than any other represent the heart and soul of the club. PZ in particular has immersed himself in Manchester culture.

Leadership is a huge factor in any sport, and PZ is a leader on and off the field, who can forget his impact against Everton in the 2nd leg of the League cup final.

I hope the club recognise this, however who on here really knows the clubs assessment of his fitness, which at the end of the day will be the deciding factor.

Whichever way it pans out PZ is an absolute City legend, I would rather his final payday is with us, but that's not good for agents, where most of this noise seems to be emanating.

Reports on CityWatch that Zab's agent is talking to Inter and Roma. I can only think he is being told to "find another club" because "the decision makers" don't want him. It's hard to imagine Zab looking to leave if this is not the case? He has been one of the best RBs in the PL for a number of seasons it's hard to believe he is not being given a chance to show Pep what he can do. Could it be he is being sold to shake up the existing squad?

If he has been told he's not a given starter, that he would have to put in a real fight, the fight of his life maybe, in order to just to play football regularly, then I fully understand him wanting to find another club. The amount of work he has put in for us his is amazing, and I think there is only so much even his body (and mind) can take.
He won't eave us because he is unhappy with the club or his contract, but simply because he loves to play football and would probably like to continue doing so for while longer.
Italy and Serie A would be fantastic for him I'm sure.

I hope this does NOT in anyway effect Kun's mind negatively though.

If he has been told he's not a given starter, that he would have to put in a real fight, the fight of his life maybe, in order to just to play football regularly, then I fully understand him wanting to find another club. The amount of work he has put in for us his is amazing, and I think there is only so much even his body (and mind) can take.
He won't eave us because he is unhappy with the club or his contract, but simply because he loves to play football and would probably like to continue doing so for while longer.
Italy and Serie A would be fantastic for him I'm sure.

I hope this does NOT in anyway effect Kun's mind negatively though.
I can't imagine any player being assured he will start? Surely all players will have to fight for their place under Pep? Perhaps he is being told the club is looking to get another RB and he will be considered "3rd choice"? I just can't imagine Zab not fighting for his place, unless he has been told, "he's not wanted"

Reports on CityWatch that Pep had been looking at past City matches to learn about the club's history. I hope he has been able to see our title and cup winning displays of recent years, as well as those from the 1970's legends etc. If he has watched such matches he will have seen Zab's workrate, control, intelligence and passion. Zab is still a top players and I'm sure he loves our club like very few other's. Please give him a chance to show what a quality player he is? With reports about Roma and Inter interested in him, it appears his agent is being actively encouraged to find him a new club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.