Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

Perfect scenario for me would be Zab regaining his form and become the no.1 back again. As it is now I can't see it happen. Than again I never expected Sagna to play like this a year ago. So why would Zab not be able to do that with the help of Pep? People write him off quickly imo.
As for a future job at the club that is as nailed on as us not winning the league this year.

It's all about what Zab wants. I certainly

Doesn't bear thinking about. Seen a lot of players come and go over the past 40 odd years but Zaba has come to represent the very best of our club since the takeover. Tireless, fearless, a model pro and a fucking great player. Really can't imagine him in another shirt.

Perfect scenario for me would be Zab regaining his form and become the no.1 back again. As it is now I can't see it happen. Than again I never expected Sagna to play like this a year ago. So why would Zab not be able to do that with the help of Pep? People write him off quickly imo.
As for a future job at the club that is as nailed on as us not winning the league this year.

It's all about what Zab wants. I certainly

Theres a difference though, last year Sagna was settling in to a new team and new system. Unfortunately Zaba was also very poor last year and looks just as poor this year, which would suggest to me; along with injuries, his legs are beginning to go. He could stay at the top level (i.e. Champions League) longer if he played in a less intensive league like the Serie A or the majority of games in La Liga.

GIve him a testamonial and get all his pals from his career down to The Etihad for a fun kickabout. Messi would come. Get Maradona on the pitch for a cameo. Get some ex-City legends out there, some current stars, some players from Espanyol, from San Lorenzo etc. Let Aguero's son Benjamin come on. It would be packed to the rafters. He deserves that kind of send off. What a legend. The fucking man.

Theres a difference though, last year Sagna was settling in to a new team and new system. Unfortunately Zaba was also very poor last year and looks just as poor this year, which would suggest to me; along with injuries, his legs are beginning to go. He could stay at the top level (i.e. Champions League) longer if he played in a less intensive league like the Serie A or the majority of games in La Liga.

That's why l said "... a year ago ...". After Sagna has had his time to settle in, he was still very poor. Now he's definitely the best of the two.
Zab was not poor last year. Because of Sagna he had to play nearly every game.

We should bend over backwards to keep him, goin over Pep's head if necessary.

You can't buy what Zaba brings to our club, his understanding of City, his influence in the dressing room, his role from the start in our amazing journey, his utter devotion to the cause.

The rags prolonged their dominance by keeping old timers like Neville and Scholes around the place long past their sell by date and the ephemeral nature of our management policy makes players like Zaba and Vin and Yaya and Joe even more crucial to us than their mob were to the rags.

When Pep goes, his Laurel n Hardy chums upstairs will go with him, his coaching staff likewise and maybe some of the Pep groupie players he buys will want out too. And so in 2 years 6 months time we'll be looking to start all over again.We have to keep a core of players who ARE City moreso than Pep will ever be no matter how successful he is.

Same here I cant imagine him going and tbh I dont think he should. He should stay next year, do a testamonial, then leave. He is still useful to us and I have seen many a great player go on past 30.

Last point, everyone keeps saying his legs have gone... It's like the fashionable thing to say. I am not sure it is actually true, and when I have seen him play he has done a good job (Relatively) and kept up with things.

GIve him a testamonial and get all his pals from his career down to The Etihad for a fun kickabout. Messi would come. Get Maradona on the pitch for a cameo. Get some ex-City legends out there, some current stars, some players from Espanyol, from San Lorenzo etc. Let Aguero's son Benjamin come on. It would be packed to the rafters. He deserves that kind of send off. What a legend. The fucking man.

Sergio and Maradonna on the same pitch would certainly make for interesting viewing.

I think he is rusty and not done yet,he will be looking at options with a year left on his contract,i hope we keep him and pep revitalises him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.