Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

I think he is rusty and not done yet,he will be looking at options with a year left on his contract,i hope we keep him and pep revitalises him

Well said Karen,but to be fair its a old story nothing new what hasn't been said earlier in the season when he was out injured,sky crap again

Write off ZABBA , are people mad.
It's not "mad" though is it? People want to keep Zab as an important member of the squad yet also complain that we should have sold Demichelis and Yaya when the time was right. You can't have Yaya's cake and eat it! It would be far from mad to say an emotional goodbye to Zab this summer.

I was hoping he'd finish his career with us and then be given a coaching job. Be sad to see him go.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...iously-considering-his-manchester-city-future

1 year left on his contract and up against Sagna who has been superb this season. He has looked off the pace the last couple of season. He'll get no rest in the summer because of the Copa America and with the injury problems he's had that won't be great for him. He's been a great servant for the club, 8 years at a club growing as fast as ours is superb.

With Pep coming in and wanting fresh blood in the summer, is this summer the right time for him to go? I'm inclined to say yes.
Sanga's been very average in a number of games. He's been very good defensively in some of our biggest games and put in two amazing crosses for Sterling at home to Watford and Kun away at Watford. But too many times he's offered absolutely nothing going forward.

Very very few of our players have been superb this season. That's why we've got 60 points after 33 games. Hart Fernandinho de Bruyne and Kun is about as far as you could stretch it.

I could see Pep wanting him to stay next season, and then down the road we either help him land where he wants to finish his career.
He's certainly good enough to be on the squad, and if we've learned nothing from this season, it's that playing in 4 competitions requires significant depth, especially when the injury bug arrives.
We literally should approach next season as:
EPL: 1A team
Champions: 1A team
FA: B team, mainly squad players with our stars sprinkled in. (so Zabba types for the bulk of this competition)
Cap 1: C Team- this season was a bizzare exception since we mucked up the league... normally i'd like to be out of that asap unless it's U21 guys

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...iously-considering-his-manchester-city-future

1 year left on his contract and up against Sagna who has been superb this season. He has looked off the pace the last couple of season. He'll get no rest in the summer because of the Copa America and with the injury problems he's had that won't be great for him. He's been a great servant for the club, 8 years at a club growing as fast as ours is superb.

With Pep coming in and wanting fresh blood in the summer, is this summer the right time for him to go? I'm inclined to say yes.

Whatever the rights and wrongs are of keeping or selling Zaba, I think this is really poor by the club. They have to be well aware just how loved he is by the supporters. Whatever they're going to do they should be talking to him as one of the senior players in the squad. For him to be at this stage with his contract and for no-one to be saying anything to him isn't on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.