Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

For me the most frustrating thing is we did not get a chance to give a proper send off if he does go

It was injury riddled yes but he was never the quickest. Great stamina though . Hopefully he can return to form. I'm not sure how you let a player go in a better manner. If he wants regular first team football and we maybe can't promise that.

It wasn't City letting him go that is the problem, it was the other posters callous toss him aside like a dirty rag (excuse the pun) attitude.

For me the most frustrating thing is we did not get a chance to give a proper send off if he does go

I agree fully with this, he needs at least to play in a friendly so he can be afforded a hero's applause. (if he does leave of course)

Christ, can everyone calm down. Yep, he was shite last season. He did have an injury, then when fit he looked awful, but certainly wasn't match fit.

However, not one single defender looked good with Pellegrini in charge, they were all hung out to dry. Absolutely no cover in front of them, so they were all chasing around after not only forwards but midfielders who weren't being tracked as Yaya, Silva and KdB didn't track back and players ran past them for fun.

So, let's give our defenders at least a few weeks with the new manager and coaching staff. Oh, and that's all our defenders not just everyone's favourites!

Daft statement that, let's say his legs have gone and he can't hack it. Would you still play him even if this was obvious ? Wouldn't that taint people's memories of him . Seeing him struggle broke my heart, if he continues to struggle should he just be played based on sentiment ?

It's exactly the same as Evra at United. It was evident he'd lost it, yet they kept him out of sentiment. Zabs needs to go. It doesn't make him any less of a City hero.

Is it, did you read my other post that suggested his injury riddled season may well have affected his stamina for getting up and down the pitch like years of old but we get the guy you are really defending posting "He needs to leave regardless, he's physically spent, and won't survive the intensity of a Pep team"

Callous much ?

Yes you said it would break your heart, this is the reason I didn't quote you to start with but the other poster who couldn't give two fucks about shipping out a legend like the dirty washing at the end of the season, people need to have some respect, not all footballers warrant respect but Zabs is one of them.

He deserves the chance to prove he isn't finished and his below par season was down to not being fully fit after a couple of injuries.

But even if he is finished he could be let go in a better manner than fuck off you're a spent force, thanks for all the blood sweat and tears goodbye.

Spot on. Zab beginning of last season was injured and once he got back he for a far worse injury, Zabaleta fully fit is the type of player will love because attacking wise he is the best the squad in that position.

It's exactly the same as Evra at United. It was evident he'd lost it, yet they kept him out of sentiment. Zabs needs to go. It doesn't make him any less of a City hero.

Is this the Evra that is in the Euro final ?

If only a few of our players would lose it so badly.

ps sticking some sentiment on the end means fuck all when you are happy to kick him to the kerb without seeing if last season was an injury related downturn rather than age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.