It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to see the return of 4-4-2?

GK
RB CB CB LB
Sanchez/Sterling CM CM Sane
Mbappe Jesus

This is about the only valid formation that we can adopt if we manage to sign Sanchez and Mbappe. I have seen a lot of formations consigning Sterling and Sane to RWB and LWB respectively but this has the feeling of wanting to play them just to keep them happy about it as there are a lot of players out there that would do a much better job than them in these positions

Afew points worth noting are as follows:

1. Pep doesn't usually do this
2. Doesn't suit our most creative/best players as only one space would be available to select players like KDB, Gundo and Silva from which is less than ideal
3. There are many other areas in our starting 11 that we need to sort out before breaking the bank for Mbappe AND Sanchez

All things considered I think we are trying make sure we get one of both by keeping our options open rather than focusing on one only to loose out on both at the end of the day

Whether we will get any is another matter altogether so here's hoping
Everybody is saying Pep won't do this, but you'd be surprised, I think a 442 or more likely 4411 is very much a possibility. It was his most used formation at Bayern.

LB-CB-CB-RB
Sterling-DM-Silva-Sane
Jesus Aguero

Or whoever the two strikers are. Pep has often used Alcantara in the exact same role Silva does for our team (as one of the CMs, next to a DM), then plays Muller behind Lewandowski, or Jesus behind Aguero/Mbappe (whoever).

Everybody is saying Pep won't do this, but you'd be surprised, I think a 442 or more likely 4411 is very much a possibility. It was his most used formation at Bayern.

LB-CB-CB-RB
Sterling-DM-Silva-Sane
Jesus Aguero

Or whoever the two strikers are. Pep has often used Alcantara in the exact same role Silva does for our team (as one of the CMs, next to a DM), then plays Muller behind Lewandowski, or Jesus behind Aguero/Mbappe (whoever).
Yeah I actually agree with you on the point that we tend to put Pep in a straightjacket but I truly believe that among the most certain qualities in a Pep team is control. Energy levels required to play CM all by oneself next to a DM in the EPL is no child's play and even though I think Silva can do the job, I fear he may get burned out much sooner than desired.

LB-CB-CB-RB
Sterling-DM-Silva-Sane
Jesus Aguero

I actually hope we try this out before the seson ends. Fern plays the DM, with Jesus off Aguero. You can call it 4411 or 4231, it's a line up I like a lot.

I don't like that lineup without Kev, so it's a no from me ;/

Ideally if we get Fabinho we can also play an even heavier attack, with him slotting in at RB, shifting between DM and RB. Swap out Fernandinho with KDB and Silva for Gundogan depending on how much steel we need.

I don't like that lineup without Kev, so it's a no from me ;/
Kev is great in that he can play so many roles in that formation, the CM (silva spot), CAM (jesus spot), and RW (sterling spot). We absolutely need rotation and kev fills in so many spots. I think Roberts helps in this case as well. Two strikers gives Nacho the chance as well. I think it utilizes our squad better than two floating 8s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.