Are we witnessing the break up of the old guard ?

I think the big issue with Kompany is his inability to prove his fitness so there is no point considering his long term prospects with Pep until he demonstrates he can play week in week out. The situation with Kun is interesting as he is now at an age at which most players make their last big move. If he leaves over the next couple of windows we would get the cash to replace him with a younger striker who may fit more into Pep's scheme of things. Kun is with justification a City legend but the modern game is ruthless and their is little room for sentiment. If Pep is not happy with Kun's contribution to the team and changes he demands are not implemented by the player he will be sold. This does not rest easy with a lot of fans but it is fact of current football life that Pep is not going to be influenced in any way by Kun's heroics on that never to be forgotten Sunday afternoon in May.
+1

Well said.

So according to Peps press conference, neither Vincent or Sergio are going anywhere. Kompany wasn't fit enough, and Sergio accepted it was purely tactical being left on the bench

End of story

With 12 squad players 30 or over what do you expect, peps game needs a core of super fit athletes

I worry when a world class striker who is fully fit is left on the bench for 'tactical' reasons. We played with a false number 9 and it worked, in parts. The trouble is, we needed an out and out goal scorer. He was on the bench.

I think the big issue with Kompany is his inability to prove his fitness so there is no point considering his long term prospects with Pep until he demonstrates he can play week in week out. The situation with Kun is interesting as he is now at an age at which most players make their last big move. If he leaves over the next couple of windows we would get the cash to replace him with a younger striker who may fit more into Pep's scheme of things. Kun is with justification a City legend but the modern game is ruthless and their is little room for sentiment. If Pep is not happy with Kun's contribution to the team and changes he demands are not implemented by the player he will be sold. This does not rest easy with a lot of fans but it is fact of current football life that Pep is not going to be influenced in any way by Kun's heroics on that never to be forgotten Sunday afternoon in May.
Gabriel Jesus!

Nothing has really changed- Kompany has injury issues and the key for him is to make sure that he is medically 100 % fit with decreased risk of reoccurence- that has to be the target so based on that, a cautious and steady approach is reasonable. He has missed so much of football over the past years and so missing a game against Barcelona is and should be the least of his worries. As for Aguero, he will remain and lead the team upfront but the manager will continue to make tactical decisions in-spite of pedigree and reputation, which most people accept as one of the big pluses in getting Guardiola in the first place so there is no need to overreact.

I worry when a world class striker who is fully fit is left on the bench for 'tactical' reasons. We played with a false number 9 and it worked, in parts. The trouble is, we needed an out and out goal scorer. He was on the bench.

Me too.

So according to Peps press conference, neither Vincent or Sergio are going anywhere. Kompany wasn't fit enough, and Sergio accepted it was purely tactical being left on the bench

End of story

What was he saying about Hart before getting shot, I am sure it was all complimentary in the press before he then bought Bravo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.