2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

ZydWQfE.png
If those are the kits it'll be Nike's worst attempts by far (apart from the home top). Whilst it does look nice that home top, it's dark trim again (that bit of white makes it) which I have learnt to hate after the last 2 kits like that where we had awful seasons. That shade looks a bit more navy blue and less dark which is alright but the other dark ones we had I associate with a trim fitting the rags shirts (they're black, we're white - yes I know thats not been consistent through the years but I've come to associate it like that). The away kit there would be a fucking travesty, there are no black stripes - it's just a red kit. You can sugarcoat it as burgundy all you like but it's fucking red. Manchester City FC should never have an all red kit, home away or 3rd.

As for the 3rd kit, have they let a rag design it FFS?

EDIT: The home shirt there has grown on me, reminds me of some of the older ones but smarter. That navy shade (not too dark) and the white next to it make it still look like one of our shirts

Last edited:
What is coming up next from Nike? Spiral socks would look good, Navy and Sky Blue. Imagine the different combinations between left hand spirals and right hand spirals. Change socks at half time?

What is coming up next from Nike? Spiral socks would look good, Navy and Sky Blue. Imagine the different combinations between left hand spirals and right hand spirals. Change socks at half time?

football players changed with Sock Puppets

If those are the kits it'll be Nike's worst attempts by far (apart from the home top). Whilst it does look nice that home top, it's dark trim again (that bit of white makes it) which I have learnt to hate after the last 2 kits like that where we had awful seasons. That shade looks a bit more navy blue and less dark which is alright but the other dark ones we had I associate with a trim fitting the rags shirts (they're black, we're white - yes I know thats not been consistent through the years but I've come to associate it like that). The away kit there would be a fucking travesty, there are no black stripes - it's just a red kit. You can sugarcoat it as burgundy all you like but it's fucking red. Manchester City FC should never have an all red kit, home away or 3rd.

EDIT: The home shirt there has grown on me, reminds me of some of the older ones but smarter. That navy shade (not too dark) and the white next to it make it still look like one of our shirts
I disagree about it being all red. It's clearly two shades of burgundy and with the black sponsor and I presume black name and numbers, it goes well. It's not red though.

Agreed....

Plenty are fond of them, pal.

But do you prefer blue shorts to white ones on a Manchester City home kit, given the choice?

I've followed these threads closely for the last 7 years and in my judgement 95% would choose white if given the choice.

Perhaps you're one of the 5% and you're somehow offended by me saying "nobody wants blue shorts". No offence intended, just speaking on behalf of the overwhelmingly dominant majority.

Not offended fella, blimey no forum would offend me. I'm being pedantic but 5% is not nobody. Anyway I do prefer blue shorts only because it's my first connection with watching City live and that's the City I fell in love with. Along with the smell of Bovril, pipe tobacco and the badge we are nearly going back to. Those who have watched since 1994 will probs prefer the eagle badge but there we go, get the picture? No rights or wrongs, CTID :)

Not offended fella, blimey no forum would offend me. I'm being pedantic but 5% is not nobody. Anyway I do prefer blue shorts only because it's my first connection with watching City live and that's the City I fell in love with. Along with the smell of Bovril, pipe tobacco and the badge we are nearly going back to. Those who have watched since 1994 will probs prefer the eagle badge but there we go, get the picture? No rights or wrongs, CTID :)

5% is essentially nobody when 95% vote for the alternative.

And as opposed to only people who started watching in 1994, if you followed the threads over the years, you'll see that people who started watching in 1934, 1954, 1964, 1984, and 2004 overwhelmingly prefer white shorts.

Also, you'll find that the vocal minority such as yourself who prefer blue shorts usually started watching in 1978-81, but fans who started watching in any other era prefer white.

It seems a bit precious to me that people would push for something that 95% of City fans don't want. Rather like the fans who loved the eagle who were extremely vocal in the badge thread despite it being abundantly clear that the overwhelming majority of genuine blues wanted a return to our traditional round badge.

Shocking third kit and second kit has a horrible red to it. If we want to see a beautiful kit again then we'll have to sign up with adidas. TBF and hate to say it but apart from that awful chevrolet logo the rags second kit is mint. The material looks quality.

Btw has there been mock-ups based on the shitty look Nike have made for national teams?

I think I'm better off not seeing one but heyho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.