Appealing for witnesses.

The ambulance you refer to is outside entrance P. It is always empty. I know because I have met mates there most games before going in.

You may have to just wait after the game for them to show up.

Hi I hope it is ok to post this here as I have no idea where else I can reach a large number of Blues.

On Wednesday 21st October 2015 I was involved in an accident upon leaving the ground at the end of the game. It was in the Champion's league against Seville and Kevin De Bruyne scored in stoppage time to ensure a 2-1 win.

Just as I was near the exit in South Stand level 1 I slipped on that lethal blue flooring that used to be there before it was replaced, injuring myself to an extent that I had bleeding on the brain. I was talking to a fellow City fan just prior to me falling who helped me up. Are you here and if so can you contact me by PM? Also I would be grateful for any other Blues who witnessed this to do the same. I appreciate everyone was rushing to get home but there were a number of fans in the vicinity who witnessed this, however briefly.

The club have been less than helpful to me since this happened, in fact it was the lack of care and concern when I contacted them that convinced me to seek legal advice. Some of you may remember I posted about this at the time.

Incredulously, in spite of the fact I was examined by a lady doctor in the clubs own first aid room and on her instruction was taken straight to MRI with the emergency siren and flashing blue light in operation, I have received this from my solicitor.

Liability Issues

The issue of liability is not quite as straight forward as you might think. Whilst it is quite clear you slipped there are some areas concerning recording of the incident which are missing. The ambulance service cannot trace their involvement. A clear record of the incident was not made on the day (I appreciate you were injured). It is incumbent upon the Claimant to prove that the accident happened and where the injury can be identified as happening at a specific time and place.

Do you have any witnesses of those who were with you at the time it happened?

Again apologies if I am breaking any rules by posting this but I am at a loss as to where else I can reach a large number of fellow Blues who may be able to help.

Cheers, Paul.

Go back to the hospital ... give them the date and time....Im sure they will be able to trace

I've had 1st aid treatment at the ground fairly recently and I sprained my ankle outside the ground. They logged everything down (name/contact/what happened and where/what actions they took) in a log book, as I'm sure any other business would.

I can't imagine they didn't take records and I can't imagine if they did, they've just disappeared!

I've had 1st aid treatment at the ground fairly recently and I sprained my ankle outside the ground. They logged everything down (name/contact/what happened and where/what actions they took) in a log book, as I'm sure any other business would.

I can't imagine they didn't take records and I can't imagine if they did, they've just disappeared!!

That doesn't bear thinking about. Hopefully this is just an oversight and the records are there, and surely the hospital has it on record too.

Hope you get everything sorted Paul - the fact that you've had to take early retirement has no doubt cost you many thousands of pounds in lost earnings, as well as putting you in a serious state of ill health.

I assume this is a stupid answer - but was there no CCTV? - i know some recordings are only held for 1-6 months max but also worth a shot.

On the issue of the blue paint - i know exactly what you mean and especially when a bit of rain, water, mud gets on to it. It literally becomes like the side of a pool area. Some dumbass thought it would be smart to paint the floor like this and without non-slip paint or some sort of gritting.

Thanks for the replies. Obviously the person who witnessed my fall and tried to help me up doesn't come here as he would have remembered. I couldn't really continue to do my job as I worked twelve hour shifts and after five to six hours I was becoming very tired. My occupation was mentally stressful and my concentration levels had dropped. It made me become short tempered more quickly and dealing with the public I couldn't risk this as I would probably have ended up being dismissed.

The long term health effects of head injuries are a grey area really. I am prone to headaches a bit more which I never really suffered from before and my chances of having a seizure have increased. The club have replaced the faulty flooring now but I am annoyed because adequate checks on it before letting fan's walk on it would have shown it was unfit for purpose.

Thanks for the replies. Obviously the person who witnessed my fall and tried to help me up doesn't come here as he would have remembered. I couldn't really continue to do my job as I worked twelve hour shifts and after five to six hours I was becoming very tired. My occupation was mentally stressful and my concentration levels had dropped. It made me become short tempered more quickly and dealing with the public I couldn't risk this as I would probably have ended up being dismissed.

The long term health effects of head injuries are a grey area really. I am prone to headaches a bit more which I never really suffered from before and my chances of having a seizure have increased. The club have replaced the faulty flooring now but I am annoyed because adequate checks on it before letting fan's walk on it would have shown it was unfit for purpose.
Whilst your solicitor is correct in advising that they need records to show the specific time, date location, it appears, on the face of it they do not seem to have done much work in attempting to get this crucial information. I would go back to your solicitor and get a full chronology of what they have done, you have a right to this. If this seems inadequate then I know a good solicitor (I work for one). One very important thing to bear in mind, (as I'm sure you already know), negligence will have to be proven against MCFC. This means that it will have to be proven that correct procedures for checking the floor, maintenance etc etc.....were not in place. These are notoriously difficult cases to win. But from what I have read, you deserve some recompense. Good luck...........

Whilst your solicitor is correct in advising that they need records to show the specific time, date location, it appears, on the face of it they do not seem to have done much work in attempting to get this crucial information. I would go back to your solicitor and get a full chronology of what they have done, you have a right to this. If this seems inadequate then I know a good solicitor (I work for one). One very important thing to bear in mind, (as I'm sure you already know), negligence will have to be proven against MCFC. This means that it will have to be proven that correct procedures for checking the floor, maintenance etc etc.....were not in place. These are notoriously difficult cases to win. But from what I have read, you deserve some recompense. Good luck...........

The solicitor is useless. It was going ok until the woman dealing with it went on maternity leave. My file was supposed to be passed to another solicitor. After hearing nothing I rang them up and it had never been passed to him! Promised return calls never happened until I threatened them with the ombudsman.

MCFC just passed the buck to the contractor who laid the flooring, who then said they subcontracted that work to another contractor. The club had an independent assessor who said the floor wasn't done to the specification required. As you say these things are difficult, everyone blames everyone else. It will go down to the poor sop who mixed the paint next!

City cannot pass the buck downwards on this. You paid for a non-threatening afternoon of football, if an independent assessor says it( the paint work) was sub standard I do not think they can argue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.