Appealing for witnesses.

City cannot pass the buck downwards on this. You paid for a non-threatening afternoon of football, if an independent assessor says it( the paint work) was sub standard I do not think they can argue.

That is a laymen's terminology as I have been told when I raised this point. To be honest I wish I hadn't bothered with it all, if the club had been a bit more sympathetic and taken my concerns about the flooring more seriously at the time I probably wouldn't have. The fact they didn't got me angry and here we are.

The solicitor is useless. It was going ok until the woman dealing with it went on maternity leave. My file was supposed to be passed to another solicitor. After hearing nothing I rang them up and it had never been passed to him! Promised return calls never happened until I threatened them with the ombudsman.

MCFC just passed the buck to the contractor who laid the flooring, who then said they subcontracted that work to another contractor. The club had an independent assessor who said the floor wasn't done to the specification required. As you say these things are difficult, everyone blames everyone else. It will go down to the poor sop who mixed the paint next!

Paul, for what its worth, my advice would be to take MCFC_Phil's recommendation here and go get a decent solicitor pal...

As for the 'passing the buck' that's unforgivable! Our City, whom i also love btw and its not about whether we love our club or not, its about standing up and being responsible (we are of similar age pal) and the club are seemingly culpable here. They hired the contractor and are therefore ultimately responsible for that work being completed to spec and also 'fit for purpose', then being verified as such. Once you can prove any negligence on their part, they should deal with your claim accordingly, directly with you. Then they can, if they so wish, in turn, can go after the said sub-contractor.

Keep us posted on this pal, i suspect that there are a lot of fellow blues that are as equally concerned about this issue!

As always, its all about "Doing the right thing" !!

Thanks for the replies. Obviously the person who witnessed my fall and tried to help me up doesn't come here as he would have remembered. I couldn't really continue to do my job as I worked twelve hour shifts and after five to six hours I was becoming very tired. My occupation was mentally stressful and my concentration levels had dropped. It made me become short tempered more quickly and dealing with the public I couldn't risk this as I would probably have ended up being dismissed.

The long term health effects of head injuries are a grey area really. I am prone to headaches a bit more which I never really suffered from before and my chances of having a seizure have increased. The club have replaced the faulty flooring now but I am annoyed because adequate checks on it before letting fan's walk on it would have shown it was unfit for purpose.
You have my sympathy,i has an traumatic brain injury and fractured skull about 6 yrs ago,i too have a lot of headaches and get blurred vision and dizziness sometimes,i also have a much shorter fuse than before and i can't always articulate things properly,there is a grey area as you say and as you can't see it on the outside people don't know what's up with you,i hope you get somewhere with your claim,keep at it

You have my sympathy,i has an traumatic brain injury and fractured skull about 6 yrs ago,i too have a lot of headaches and get blurred vision and dizziness sometimes,i also have a much shorter fuse than before and i can't always articulate things properly,there is a grey area as you say and as you can't see it on the outside people don't know what's up with you,i hope you get somewhere with your claim,keep at it

Cheers Karen. The shorter fuse one is the hardest to deal with. I now realise why it is happening and as such I can try and calm myself down but at first it was a little scary as I went from placid to wanting to kill someone who annoyed me in a millisecond and once it triggered there was no going back. The last time it happened was having to deal with a smartarse Showsec knob which almost got me refused entry against Chelsea, although I think they tend to fetch out that trait in everybody lol!

Paul, for what its worth, my advice would be to take MCFC_Phil's recommendation here and go get a decent solicitor pal...

As for the 'passing the buck' that's unforgivable! Our City, whom i also love btw and its not about whether we love our club or not, its about standing up and being responsible (we are of similar age pal) and the club are seemingly culpable here. They hired the contractor and are therefore ultimately responsible for that work being completed to spec and also 'fit for purpose', then being verified as such. Once you can prove any negligence on their part, they should deal with your claim accordingly, directly with you. Then they can, if they so wish, in turn, can go after the said sub-contractor.

Keep us posted on this pal, i suspect that there are a lot of fellow blues that are as equally concerned about this issue!

As always, its all about "Doing the right thing" !!

The solicitor was a no win no fee type as I didn't want to saddle myself with huge legal costs. Anyone who used the new south stand will know that the new flooring was a death trap waiting to happen yet it took the club an age to realise it. It should have been tested before they let the fan's loose on it but they obviously didn't. After my fall I witnessed at least three more people fall on it and spoke to them all and explained what happened to me and told them to report it, whether they did or not I don't know.

I also agree that it is the club's fault but apparently in legal terms it isn't that simple. The solicitor's have just rang me in the last ten minutes asking me if I was going to continue with my complaint to the ombudsman about how they are dealing with my case. I replied not at the moment but their failure to return my calls or correspond with me had left me no alternative but to seek that course of action. We will see how it goes.

The solicitor is useless. It was going ok until the woman dealing with it went on maternity leave. My file was supposed to be passed to another solicitor. After hearing nothing I rang them up and it had never been passed to him! Promised return calls never happened until I threatened them with the ombudsman.

MCFC just passed the buck to the contractor who laid the flooring, who then said they subcontracted that work to another contractor. The club had an independent assessor who said the floor wasn't done to the specification required. As you say these things are difficult, everyone blames everyone else. It will go down to the poor sop who mixed the paint next!

Don't know where you are mate, but these people are really good

http://www.mannerspimblett.co.uk/contact-us/

The solicitor was a no win no fee type as I didn't want to saddle myself with huge legal costs. Anyone who used the new south stand will know that the new flooring was a death trap waiting to happen yet it took the club an age to realise it. It should have been tested before they let the fan's loose on it but they obviously didn't. After my fall I witnessed at least three more people fall on it and spoke to them all and explained what happened to me and told them to report it, whether they did or not I don't know.

I also agree that it is the club's fault but apparently in legal terms it isn't that simple. The solicitor's have just rang me in the last ten minutes asking me if I was going to continue with my complaint to the ombudsman about how they are dealing with my case. I replied not at the moment but their failure to return my calls or correspond with me had left me no alternative but to seek that course of action. We will see how it goes.

Grit your teeth and stick with it Paul! Its the right thing to do sir..

I am trying to get back over for the Arse away game and would like to meet up for a pre-post match pint or 2 with ya?

Grit your teeth and stick with it Paul! Its the right thing to do sir..

I am trying to get back over for the Arse away game and would like to meet up for a pre-post match pint or 2 with ya?

This is the thing I am strong on principle. If I was treated with respect and concern in the first place I doubt I would have gone to the legal process.

I don't really do the away games these days mate, only on the odd occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.