Jack Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great that he's signed a new deal and all the best to him with his loan move. I think he's a class act personally and it will be good to see how he moulds his game. He's great on the ball and reads the game well plus isn't afraid to shoot. Glad he's going to step up a level next season. He could well get into the National team as others have said.

Great move for him in that he'll get first time experience as they gave Rusnak plenty of matche time which led to his move to Groningen. Obviously City are happy to send players here as Bytyqi was also sent there.

Brilliant move for Jack to send him to the Dutch league he will learn a hell of a lot there and he could well come back with hopefully game time under his belt and the experience of playing in the Dutch league will help him big time. Also if he preforms he might well force his way into the Irish squad playing regular football will benefit his chances for both club and country in the long term.

Not really. We've had a couple of loan players go there now, and the club are evidently happy with the quality level, training and amount of game time they got. He's better going somewhere where the club know the lay of the land, rather than take a risk sending him someone completely new.

I got you.

For the third time in one year SC Cambuur loaned a player from English top club Manchester City.
This time it's Irish midfielder Jack Byrne. The 19-year old talent has already played for his country in youth appearances.
Last season he played for Man City EDS. Cambuur presented Byrne in it's stadium this tuesday.

Cambuur started last season with another City-loanee, Albert Rusnák. He was sold halfway through the season by his English club to FC Groningen.

In his place then came Austrian Sinan Bytiqi. He then played eight games before he was ruled out by a heavy knee-injury.
Technical director Henry van der Vegt is happy with the cooperation with Manchester City. "It is a good way to strengthen our squad with specific qualities. City is pleased with the development their players make at Cambuur.

You're welcome. ;)

Towards markbmcfc I just wanted to note that Cambuur may not really be such a bizzare club to loan players to at all. Byrne today noted that the way trainings are done are very similar to how they're done at City. Take that with a grain of salt though since he's only trained at Cambuur once. Rusnák said similar things last season but I can't really find sources for those comments. Then we have the fact that Cambuur intend to play a possesion-driven and attacking play. Much like City, though of course on a different level.

Anyway, the short spell (the one or two month-loans you guys have over there are basically unheard of in the Netherlands) Rusnák has had with us has done him wonders. He's become a magnificent player though yes, a little dainty.

Anyway, he's been given the number 10 jersey so my guess is our manager is seeing some things he really likes in Byrne. I'm pretty sure he's not going to bench it out this season and might very well be another inspired (loan-)signing. Rusnák definitely was.

Here's hoping he'll pull through for us and come back a much better player for you!

Oh and by the way, we've been eating anything up regarding Byrne over here. Bits of info on him by people who've seen him play would be much appreciated!

Oh and by the way, we've been eating anything up regarding Byrne over here. Bits of info on him by people who've seen him play would be much appreciated!

Technically good, great long shot and free-kick, play him deeper and his passing range really comes alive.

Thanks @el haj :)

From what I've seen (mostly in YCL though), I could say that he is an agressive (in the positive meaning) but skilful and clever box-to-box midfielder who has decent ball control, who can tackle, and is very agility and doesn't mind taking long shots (he scored most of his 8 YCL goals this way).

P.S. His first interview to Cambuur TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.