John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been his biggest fan but have to say the past month or so there's been a steady improvement in all aspects of his game but especially the defensive side. He's becoming more confident in the system and what Pep wants of him and his awareness has improved greatly. Aside from the thing he does where he constantly backs off attackers till its too late I haven't seen any major problems in the past weeks and hopefully his trajectory continues as I hope he can become the player that replaces Kompany at the back as the teams' leader though admittedly that's a bit of a stretch.

Hope he's not out for too long, we'll need him next week, 180 minutes in 4 days is probably too much to ask of Vinny and the other 2 need lead.

I like him! A good signing. A lot of potential and a lot to prove.

I am happy with him. I hope he comes again soon.

Seen this load of bollocks off ESPN. If he was still an Everton player, the headline would most likely be totally different...:

http://www.espnfc.us/club/burnley/3...manchester-united-target-michael-keanes-class

Tbh I could name several defenders that have had a better seasn so far than Stones, but that is not the point. The point is Pep sees Stones fit his system and is developing him in to the defender that can cope with that. When Stones can, he will be some defender. And I don't think Pep sees many defenders fit to play his way as it is the most difficult system for any defender. As for being a defender at Burnley, it's easier to defend close to the goalkeeper than on the halfway line.
The writer is a Burnley blogger, so painted glasses. Btw, isn't Burnley playing the scum this weekend? I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.