Nasti Kompany is the future

Marvin said:
I thought they both played very well against Swansea

You have to take into account that the the full backs, Clichy and Richards were often the most advanced players, and it was inevitable at times that Kompany and Nastasic would get caught one on one on Swansea counter-attacks. In fact one of the remarkable aspects of the game was that Hart only had 2-3 serious goal attempts to deal with in a game where we struggled for control.

Look at the bigger picture in a game. If City had stuck 10 behind the ball then of course Swansea would have found it very difficult to open us up.

So these 2 played "very well" and Balotelli "excellent" Marvin? I'd love to live in your world, the unicorns and fairies must be delightful.

There are some learning curves to be expected for Nas. C'mon.. how old is he? How many starts has he had in PL? Let's get serious here.... however, Kompany is concerning me a bit. He's been off the pace most of the season so far. Needs to snap out of it. There were some gaping holes left in the back vs. Swansea... but hopefully as they get more time together (and I think they should), this will improve significantly. You got to be patient.

I'm already a big fan of Nastasic - he looked very confident yesterday and made me think of Tommy Caton in his early days. Perhaps our new defensive coach is having a positive effect...!

I'm getting more worried about Vinnie as the weeks go on. He's looking slower and occasionally very awkward. He also looks like he can't pass more than three yards confidently unless it's back to JH.

I reckon that opposition managers have sussed that he's not a 'genuine' defender and he's being pressed / closed down far more often than he was last season.

I'd like tosee us get a 'genuine' centre half in the Terry mould [the player, not the man] to play alongside Nastasic / Lescott, and move Vinny to midfield (dropping into a back three as/when necessary).

I reckon Vinnie could play the Ya Ya 'tank through the middle' role very effectively and would provide the competition that Ya Ya needs every now and then to raise his game.

cookster said:
Marvin said:

You have to take into account that the the full backs, Clichy and Richards were often the most advanced players, and it was inevitable at times that Kompany and Nastasic would get caught one on one on Swansea counter-attacks. In fact one of the remarkable aspects of the game was that Hart only had 2-3 serious goal attempts to deal with in a game where we struggled for control.

Look at the bigger picture in a game. If City had stuck 10 behind the ball then of course Swansea would have found it very difficult to open us up.

So these 2 played "very well" and Balotelli "excellent" Marvin? I'd love to live in your world, the unicorns and fairies must be delightful.

I thought Balo was up for it and played well yesterday... with a bit more work from Aguero, I think we could have been looking at an 'excellent' performance from Mario.

On the whole, I saw a better performance from Mario when he was warming up at half-time than most of his teammates over 102 minutes.

Nastasic is easily the most exciting young player we have for me, classy and composed, for a 19 year old i think he's immense.

Lavinda Past said:
cookster said:
Marvin said:

I thought Balo was up for it and played well yesterday... with a bit more work from Aguero, I think we could have been looking at an 'excellent' performance from Mario.

On the whole, I saw a better performance from Mario when he was warming up at half-time than most of his teammates over 102 minutes.

I too thought Mario did well, making space for others with his movement and plays because of the threat he posed.

Nasty will look like a bargain in 5 years time. Already far better on the ball than either VK or Lescott and he'll learn the defensive savviness and other things needed to be a top defender. He's only just getting started here and not overawed at all.

the clean sheet is the result of joe's saves didn't see how this partnership was any better than vin and lescott. Natastic also seems to have the passing ragne of david batty, as in sideways only, though he is getting used to the team so he may become more offensive thinking with a settled run in the team for me were passing in triangles around the back and midfield at times when wewould break and press last year straight from defence and this is inviting pressure on ourselves at times

urban genie said:
the clean sheet is the result of joe's saves didn't see how this partnership was any better than vin and lescott. Natastic also seems to have the passing ragne of david batty, as in sideways only, though he is getting used to the team so he may become more offensive thinking with a settled run in the team for me were passing in triangles around the back and midfield at times when wewould break and press last year straight from defence and this is inviting pressure on ourselves at times

Really, so how do you explain the fact that 54 of the 78 passes that he attempted were classed as forward passes?

urban genie said:

Could not be more wrong. Honestly he looks the most composed with the ball and most forward thinking of all our central defenders, and he's 19.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.