Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Clercqs, 26 Oct 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i dont agree. trippier was brilliant at youth level and at city he was a stand out player, i remember going to see the youth team play and you just knew he was going to make it. i dont rate maffeo as highly.

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I thought Trippier had a decent chance to make it somewhere, but the standard of football from opponents back then was generally appalling, kick & rush & whenever faced by a higher quality opponent he struggled defensively. What benefitted him & also Ben Mee, was getting away from City & playing real football. Hopefully Maffeo is getting the same.

Trippier is not good enough by some distance imo & will get replaced. Maffeo imo is already a far better defender, just needing match hardening for a year or so, although not as good attacking, which is probably where he will make or break it at City, as Pep wants attacking fullbacks.

3. domalino

domalino

I disagree, attacking is the weaker part of his game and Girona have played him as a wingback, allowing him to focus more on that side of things.

4. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

That's what I meant, I guess I just worded it poorly.

5. domalino

domalino

But wouldn't that make it a good loan? One which allows him to strengthen an area of his game that might not have been up to scratch before?

6. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

Sorry, I misread your response. I see him as a typical full back in the mould of Zabaleta (inevitable, soon to be cliched comparison) and don't see him being much use as a wing back currently.

But I suppose the minutes he gets there for Girona could help him learn the position better and if that's the case then I guess the loan has done him some good and he'll be better equipped to play in a flexible Guardiola side.

7. karen7

karen7

With Sagna's confirmed exit, Manchester City for now have only one recognised right-back on the books, 19-year-old Pablo Maffeo.

Hope he gets his chance now

8. BlueisCity

BlueisCity

I still think he goes out on loan again to Girona who should be in La Liga next year. Fernandinho would become the backup and we still buy a top #1.

9. Tevez City

Tevez City

He is ready for 1st team, but we don't appreciate what we already have.

10. Tbilisi

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
    Agree,he must be given a chance this season as back up / English cup games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.