Points of Blue Meeting

Haven’t read whole thread, and not really offering an opinion, but just seen last few posts and thought I’d at least mention the WBA game as said above - I managed to get tickets for me and my lad, first away this season, and I was astonished and remember pointing it out to my son, that I couldn’t believe the age of the attendees - I know it’s been referenced as Saga above, but it really was incredible how few youngsters were there.

As an aside, I have my own gripe with City and the system. I spent 10 years as corporate and therefore spent a fortune via my old company with the club, consequently I used to benefit from getting tickets for away games all the time. However when I left corporate, City refused to acknowledge this by giving me any ticket points for all the years I had corporate - I only therefore have about 5k points and am ultimately now fucked from any opportunity of getting tickets for away games.

The system is wank.

So one day the saga fodder are point selling whore's, who don't attend matches
And then we hear that at West Bromwich and many other away matches, our support looks like a saga party
Has anyone ever thought how these saga louts get there tickets ?
They go to each and every match.
It's not there fault they are old farts and we're born to early.
Don't denigrate them,they have as much right to be there as anyone else.

they're not being denigrated. I prefer the saga crowds because there are fewer drug taking, abusive song singing, aggressive tanked up young arseholes in the crowd who inevitably draw stewards attention and make the atmosphere unpleasant. That being said, there is a sub-section of our younger support who are civilised, were brought up properly and could do with a system that will give them more chance in the modern era.

Amazing that the 'Saga fodder' people are being berated on here! They are the ones that have attended matches through thick and thin!

Did anyone ever think to blame the FA & the TV companies for the way they run the leagues? When it was a Saturday afternoon at 3.00 home and away it was easier for people to attend. Now that we have fixtures on any day/evening of the week it is harder for people to get to away matches so the retirees, who have put in the hard yards, are able to maybe get to the matches. As someone has stated if it is a midweek away match at places like Swansea etc. you are not going to take your children out of school the next day.

I understand how people feel they have cause to complain but let's face it it isn't always down to City, the fixture messing about doesn't help. Some folk arrange travel only for the stupid FA and the TV companies to change the date. It is all a farce.

I suspect that the Premier League clubs are not really bothered by this discussion. Away fans are a hindrance - they create extra stewarding and policing - they don't buy stuff from the club shop - they drown out the home fans and don't join in with the home dittys. If away tickets can be an extension of corporate spending at home then you can probably create new income streams along the way. The fact that the way they are being sold means that they are not creating new customers that are not corporate clients means that the corporate customers will become the only ones able to acquire away tickets. The days when the rest of us can manage the odd away match are over and one day away matches will be over for everyone.

Amazing that the 'Saga fodder' people are being berated on here! They are the ones that have attended matches through thick and thin!

Did anyone ever think to blame the FA & the TV companies for the way they run the leagues? When it was a Saturday afternoon at 3.00 home and away it was easier for people to attend. Now that we have fixtures on any day/evening of the week it is harder for people to get to away matches so the retirees, who have put in the hard yards, are able to maybe get to the matches. As someone has stated if it is a midweek away match at places like Swansea etc. you are not going to take your children out of school the next day.

I understand how people feel they have cause to complain but let's face it it isn't always down to City, the fixture messing about doesn't help. Some folk arrange travel only for the stupid FA and the TV companies to change the date. It is all a farce.
I think another key point of football now, is that the grounds aren't big enough, people are obsessed with the grounds looking full, yet it looks like people are always missing out on tickets, well maybe it's time football clubs in general too started extending their stadiums , so what if some seats are empty at some matches , they will be full for the big games !

I don`t blame the PL or the TV Companies as much as I blame the bastard Chairmen who have allowed the PL and TV Companies to dictate these ridiculous KO and date times.
Fixtures and planning of games should work hand in hand, to help accomodate away fans who have to travel at stupid times (I`m talking more about the likes of say City travelling to CP/Swansea and likes at a time when public transport is a farce.
Why not show a game where the bulk of the away fans are only travelling a far shorter distance.
Sorry but our Chairman have allowed it to get into this state of affairs.As long as the tv get away with it,the longer they wag the dog and not the tail.

I don`t blame the PL or the TV Companies as much as I blame the bastard Chairmen who have allowed the PL and TV Companies to dictate these ridiculous KO and date times.
Fixtures and planning of games should work hand in hand, to help accomodate away fans who have to travel at stupid times (I`m talking more about the likes of say City travelling to CP/Swansea and likes at a time when public transport is a farce.
Why not show a game where the bulk of the away fans are only travelling a far shorter distance.
Sorry but our Chairman have allowed it to get into this state of affairs.As long as the tv get away with it,the longer they wag the dog and not the tail.
Didn't that Richard Scudamore say the week when City's supporters club moaned about Christmas tv fixtures , "Well the club's took the money from the tv companies, so live with it" or something like that ! Us fans are not bottom of the ladder, but like under the ground the ladder stands on

Didn't that Richard Scudamore say the week when City's supporters club moaned about Christmas tv fixtures , "Well the club's took the money from the tv companies, so live with it" or something like that ! Us fans are not bottom of the ladder, but like under the ground the ladder stands on
I think we`re in the bloody dungeons kev !!

You may take it as read that I’d forgotten about Swansea being a midweeker. With the possible exception of Palace on NYE, it’s the only time the points requirement will be below 15000 this season that’s for sure. An exception to the rule and therefore a point not worth making perhaps?
Chelsea and Leicester went way below 15k points. West Brom in the cup didn't sell out

It was a damn site easier to earn points when we used to be away at Saturday 3pm most of the time at the Wigan's, Bolton's, Blackburn's, Walsall's, Stockport's than it is now, especially for a 20/30 old whose employer expects far more bang for their buck, and for far less comparative pay.

The field, much like pensions, has always been skewed to the older generation. There are very good reasons those games will be a saga crowd.

We got less points in those days, the last away at Stockport got 10, away at Walsall got none, and Bolton and Blackburn went down the season after they put the points up with Wigan lasting 2 both on Monday nights.

When it was ten points a game is was not easier, especially if we had an 1100 allocation for a 5.15 kick off at Pompey. £40 away at Birmingham in 2004 on a Tuesday night for 10 points and once chance all game, 1-0 Heskey, City lost about 40k as they took too big an allocation, points well earned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.