Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe that had Mangala started instead of Vinnie in our CL semi last year against Real we would've won that game. It is such a deflating view to see him going off after just 10 mins that it would've been better if Mangala had started instead. I'm quite sure that's the reason why Pep hasn't played Vinnie in any 'real' games this season, starting him 1 game and then having him injured again in that match or the match after is just a blow to our squad's morale.

Was most fitting when he rose like the proverbial salmon to nod in against the rags in the game that put it all in our hands

Was most fitting when he rose like the proverbial salmon to nod in against the rags in the game that put it all in our hands
That's what i will remember about him and the home derby 2014 i think it was when he started the move and ended up next to the goal on his knees celebrating the goal

I truly believe that had Mangala started instead of Vinnie in our CL semi last year against Real we would've won that game. It is such a deflating view to see him going off after just 10 mins that it would've been better if Mangala had started instead. I'm quite sure that's the reason why Pep hasn't played Vinnie in any 'real' games this season, starting him 1 game and then having him injured again in that match or the match after is just a blow to our squad's morale.

I can see where you are coming from and you may well be right about Pep's thoughts and the Real game.

Without wanting to create thread drift.....

However, the tactics and the lethargy of our players didn't help in that game. I remember when, after around 80 mins in the second leg, one of our players dispossessed the Real RB near the Real corner flag. No City player looked to support him or even get in the box or on the edge of it. That summed up that game for me.

Any chance of him getting fit again soon? Or is it going to be a repeat of the last 3 years?

Theres got to a reason why he isnt selected even when fit. Surely the club should tell the fans whats happening. I said before 6"4 centre half is what we need and had we vinny he stops that ball making it to the scorer. Kolorov just to small to make it. Thats the difference.

Great memories with Vinny at the club but we can no longer rely on him as a key player even if he does string games together from now until the end of the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.