Monaco - Post Match thread.

We threw away a 2 goal first leg advantage for the first time in our history - yet internet keyboard warriors throw out insults to anyone who thinks the manager is pretty poor.

#backwardswithpep
who if you could would you replace him with,you obviously don't rate him and it seems now weve lost you want to shout about it.

How is our squad superior to the dipppers? Or Spurs? Or any top six team? We have Gael fucking Clichy in defense.

We are the ONLY team in the top six to regularly field more than one player who was with the club in 2011 and some games we play 6 of them.

We need an overhaul this summer and one is surely coming.
We all know in the Summer that we will try and buy: a defensive midfielder, two full backs, and a central defender. So no we don't have a great squad.

But we do have world class players: Silva, KDB, Sane, Jesus. Stones and Sterling have it in them too to be world class players. Thoght Stones was outstanding 2nd half but what he was doing was coming out of defence with the ball at his feet and making himself an extra midfielder. he did that brilliantly. We need to see him do that a lot more. Guardiola, get him to do that. Can he defend though? i think so. I expect next season, our defence will be entirely changed and he will be the only defensive player remaining.

Two decent full backs will make us better, that Mandy was good gong forward and back. We need them for next year you will see a massive difference. On anther point where have all the dominant centre halves gone. Oh for a fit kompany

As much as I know that we were capable of getting through, I really can't get out of my head the inept first half performance - not a single shot and barely strung 3 passes together in a full 45 mins. It was the most embarrassing half of football I think I've ever seen as a blue, I know we were playing a decent side but how on earth we managed to be so poor is an utter mystery.
I thought you'd been supporting us a long time. I guess not?

As much as I know that we were capable of getting through, I really can't get out of my head the inept first half performance - not a single shot and barely strung 3 passes together in a full 45 mins. It was the most embarrassing half of football I think I've ever seen as a blue, I know we were playing a decent side but how on earth we managed to be so poor is an utter mystery.
Especially on current form, you'd of thought they would've been buzzing for tonight?

Too little effort from us in the first half. Players were receiving the ball static, no one was moving into space to make the pass easier. When a City player had the ball 2 or 3 Monaco players bosses him off it. When they had the ball 1 city player covered, it was too easy for them to pass on to a moving team mate. A high line against a row of pacey attackers at a free kick, what's going to happen? All the players end up running towards goal and the ones that want to head away from goal cannot and they cannot jump as they are moving in the same direction as the ball. Where were the wide men backing up the backs when Monaco successfully put 2 crosses into the box? All of this is pretty basic training stuff, you don't need coaches paid several K a week to know it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.