Our PR department and the media

Had to laugh at that nob Chris Evans this morning, lifelong Rag. Must have mentioned City getting beaten 4 times within 15 minutes of me leaving home then made a complete twat out of himself when it had to be explained to him yes Chris they went out with a 6-6 aggregate because of the away goals rule, no they didn't get beaten 9-6 or whatever shit he was trying to insinuate. But they don't care about little Citeh do they? Stupid ginger toss pot.

Shambles not a disaster. However looking at how old and wafer thin our squad now is I think shambles is a fair discription.

It really isn't hard to fathom. In a business model that relies on internet hits to drive advertising revenue they have to appeal to fans of clubs with large fanbases. And knocking us achieves that.

I can see that applies to Sky and BT but the BBC are not reliant an advertising revenue and do not require Internet hits. Yet they are just as anti City as other media outlets.

I can see that applies to Sky and BT but the BBC are not reliant an advertising revenue and do not require Internet hits. Yet they are just as anti City as other media outlets.
And that's exactly why we're having a go at the BBC. They should have no commercial imperative to be biased and have a comprehensive charter and set of guidelines that supposedly ensure their impartiality. Yet still don't seem to bother being impartial.

And that's exactly why we're having a go at the BBC. They should have no commercial imperative to be biased and have a comprehensive charter and set of guidelines that supposedly ensure their impartiality. Yet still don't seem to bother being impartial.

I agree with this, but they are under pressure from the government to justify their expenses, and webclicks is one of the things they can use for that. It's not commercial imperative, but it is an imperative that they have to adhere to. I don't believe it justifies everything that happens though.

I thought foreign uses of the BBC website saw adverts - is that wrong?

I wish you all the luck in the world with having a go at the BBC but it seems they are not accountable to anyone and can get away with anything they like.
Tory governments have in the past had a go at them for their predominant left wing views and their slanted presentation of the news but nothing has changed. I know their charter states they should be impartial but in truth they rarely are on any topic.

It really isn't hard to fathom. In a business model that relies on internet hits to drive advertising revenue they have to appeal to fans of clubs with large fanbases. And knocking us achieves that.

City have a large fanbase , much bigger than some think on here, certainly in the top 5 behind utd, arse pool and maybe Chelsea . I just think some of the media like winding up City. Easier said than done but we should just ignore them supports the team and I'm sure success will come with Pep that will be enough to ram it down ther throats.

I wish you all the luck in the world with having a go at the BBC but it seems they are not accountable to anyone and can get away with anything they like.
Tory governments have in the past had a go at them for their predominant left wing views and their slanted presentation of the news but nothing has changed. I know their charter states they should be impartial but in truth they rarely are on any topic.
You only have to look at the way they have reported on Brexit and Trump in recent times to realise how completely and disgracefully unbalanced their reporting is. Why should football be any different?

There was a House of Commons select committee report in February 2016 and the following is an extract of the report from the BBC's own website. It goes some way to explaining why the beeb think they are untouchable:-

"Tony Hall the director general of the BBC "operates with too high a degree of independence".
MPs have called for the BBC Board to be reformed with the addition of an independent Chair."
The BBC has a culture that is considered “bureaucratic, arrogant and introspective”, according to a parliamentary committee which calls for the abolition of the public broadcaster’s governing body, the BBC Trust.
In a major report ahead of publication of a Government White Paper on the future of the BBC, the Commons Media select committee said the Trust had “lost confidence and credibility”.

I do not know whether anything has changed since this report.

the PR people at manchester city are shocking at best

its just a job to them and i would bet not many are fans of the club and just getting paid a good wage money for old rope
how many good stories come out from the camp and unless it shows us in a bad light and then nothing faster hits the headlines than a story about city

we should have are own satellite tv channel and city people running it everything on it should be for the good of the club and glorify everything by 100% it works for chelsea united liverpool and the fan base they pick up around they think the premier league was a 3 horse race every season over hype to the hill so why don't we do it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.