What is Manchester to you?

Failsworth has a Manchester postcode M35, and the vast majority of Failsworthians would say they are from Manchester. We do however pay our council tax to Oldham, and our MP represents Ashton.
I would say any place with a Manchester postcode is part of Manchester.

That's fair enough didn't know that about its postcode, it's the same with Langley M postcode, 0161 phones but council tax to Rochdale tho it used to be to Manchester

They dont actually support them, they like to be associated with them. Loads of L/pool 'fans' round here, obviously. Talked to quite a few ...'reds', a few have been once, some never and a couple of dodgy looking ones dont even now where o/t is. Even refused one cheeky bastard the use of the works toilet until his mum admitted he knew nothing about football. Great for winding up.

I'm from a family of Cardiff fans yet am a Seasoncard holder at City. I went to my first big match at Maine Road to accompany a friend and became hooked. We beat Blackpool 3-0 in August 1998.

Do I hate the English? No. I live here, have English friends, support an English club and have dated English girls. Would I like to be in Wales again one day? Yes. I'd also like a nice soft Welsh accent purring in my ear from a saucy lady. If anything, I pity those who feel unable to be proud of their country. Mancunian friends I do have tend to have more interest in their Irish or Scottish origin than being English.

You'll get Welsh Liverpool fans easy. There's a connection with Ian Rush alongside loads of Scousers living around Wrexham and beyond. They've migrated out.

I class myself primarily as Salfordian, but i live 4 miles away from Manchester City centre and identify with the culture and the city itself just as much.

Failsworth has a Manchester postcode M35, and the vast majority of Failsworthians would say they are from Manchester. We do however pay our council tax to Oldham, and our MP represents Ashton.
I would say any place with a Manchester postcode is part of Manchester.

Irlam, Cadishead etc., have a Manchester postcode but they are in Salford. That's a fact.

I guess you also think Old Trafford is in Manchester.

excellent point.......A Manchester post code does not mean you are in Manchester

I have always thought this postal district nonesense of 'M postal district = Manchester' started with United fans. Of course, the main United supporting areas around Greater Manchester (including Salford) have M postal districts but are not in the City of Manchester, while a large proportion of the City fanbase is in the south and east (I.e. SK postal districts).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.