Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling's a "twat", Stones a "liability",not interested in "kids", Aguero "off to Chelsea", "offshore payments".

All these I have had quoted to me by people when I tell them I am a city fan. They are all biased gutter press and Sky announcements.
And then the Monaco "complaint to Fifa".
Garbage.

If anyone knows anything about agenda setting and the media, they would soon realise what is happening here.

For instance, count how many times the total spending this Summer for City is shared on Sky Talkshite etc. 100 times a day. This is an example of agenda setting. This in turn constructs the reality for people...

I think we got the same hymn book.

Now just imagine for one minute that we refused to put the Manchester bee on our fan's shirts and we had to go to the united store where they kindly did it
Imagine that shit storm? Yet nothing at all in the press. Like there was barely any coverage the week of the attack when Lingard posted a video of them singing "why don't City fuck off home". Imagine if that was Sterling?
It's bollocks.

40 years ago utd were arguing with celtic about who was the biggest club in the world, now they have 696 million fans? it dose not matter that it was a lie the sponsors and shirt sellers loved it. nearly 3/4 of utd money never makes it to trafford it is all in shares stocks and advertising. woodward claimed utd were the biggest club in the world because of clicks on social media,
So yes it does matter when the media cast city in a bad light, utd make money out of it, when on sky advertising Yaya misses his shot and martail scores his who makes the most money Nike or addidas? city fans should get on the media`s case at source, moaning on here does nothing just not on a utd page . And we should support other clubs when they need it Southampton in the final Mings ban how many of us came out in support of these two travesties, if we do not support others they will not support us

Now just imagine for one minute that we refused to put the Manchester bee on our fan's shirts and we had to go to the united store where they kindly did it
Imagine that shit storm? Yet nothing at all in the press. Like there was barely any coverage the week of the attack when Lingard posted a video of them singing "why don't City fuck off home". Imagine if that was Sterling?
It's bollocks.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-players-take-shine-10495773

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/25/manch...ressing-room-after-europa-league-win-6660564/

You're right. Passed unnoticed

I absolutely agree with this BUT I do feel that one or 2 posters come across as slightly smug when trying to negate the arguments that those of us who feel there is a bias. Now there have been so many comments made about media bias that surely those who say there isnt have got to think why do so many people feel that way are they all wrong?

As has been said so many times before whether it is bias for one team or bias against another I am sure we can all agree that there is an imbalance in how the media on different clubs. Now we can surely understand why a url with Ronaldo- United-Transfer will generate alot of clicks and basically that is what our media has got to.....clickbait

Is it annoying yes, do we feel it more bearing in mind that our noisy neighbours gain the biggest benefit from that imbalance probably but as Ric says we have to learn to pick our battles as whilst Sky and News Corporation do what they do us railing and ranting shouting "its not fair" over every perceived imbalance will just make us look slightly small time as they will not change as its the only thing they have got

The way to change the view and attitude of the media is with sustained success as then it will be in their interests to write positive articles
perfectly articulated chesterguy, absolutely spot on , especially the last line

It's bollocks.

Spot on mate.

It doesn't reach the media as you write but local people realise what a shit Club the rags are hence their non-existent match going "support" in Stretford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.