It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think we only let Iheanacho leave because we had somebody else lined up.
This all day long we cant go into the season with just Aguero and Jesus both been out for injury reasons. Also Pep keeps banging on that we do not convert the chances we create so surely he wants to address that problem by buying another goal scorer.

One would think we only let Iheanacho leave because we had somebody else lined up.
Not really. We sold him because he was never gonna play anyway. Aguero was out for lengthy spells last season and Kelechi still only managed 525 minutes in the PL. There's no use in keeping him and ruining his career for 500 minutes a season.

We might buy a player or two before the window ends. No big names though. We're 3 weeks away from the end of the transfer window and Arsenal have zero transfer targets assuming Monaco are not selling Lemar. Sanchez scored 24 goals and assisted 11 times in the PL lasts season. Those are ungodly numbers. If Arsenal sell Sanchez now, they're basically forfeiting PL, EL and every other fuckin trophy. Don't see it happening. If they had some kind of replacement, say Mahrez, by now I would be more optimistic. Mbappe has always seemed like a fever dream. In any case, we would definitely know the situation by the end of this week.
I am thinking that Lacazette actually was meant to replace Sanchez all the time. He is not the worst replacement you can think off.

Really don't know how anyone comes up with the conclusion certain deals don't look like happening, when they haven't a single clue what's going on !

Not really. We sold him because he was never gonna play anyway. Aguero was out for lengthy spells last season and Kelechi still only managed 525 minutes in the PL. There's no use in keeping him and ruining his career for 500 minutes a season.
Also a valid point of view mate.

I am thinking that Lacazette actually was meant to replace Sanchez all the time. He is not the worst replacement you can think off.
No way in hell. They'll be offloading Wilshere, Walcott, Welbeck, etc. over the next few seasons. Ox, Ozil, Sanchez, etc. are all running down their contracts. Lacazette was once in a decade opportunity for Arsenal considering literally no top forward in Europe wants to join them. The club was desperate and the player was equally desperate to move this season. They wouldn't even have got him if Atletico hadn't got the transfer ban.

Really don't know how anyone comes up with the conclusion certain deals don't look like happening, when they haven't a single clue what's going on !
Nobody's concluding anything. This is a transfer forum. People write what they feel about transfers "in the moment". Things might take a 180 tomorrow and the same people will then change their tune. There's nothing wrong in that. Also people have got a clue. Maybe not everything, but nobody here's clueless.

No way in hell. They'll be offloading Wilshere, Walcott, Welbeck, etc. over the next few seasons. Ox, Ozil, Sanchez, etc. are all running down their contracts. Lacazette was once in a decade opportunity for Arsenal considering literally no top forward in Europe wants to join them. The club was desperate and the player was equally desperate to move this season. They wouldn't even have got him if Atletico hadn't got the transfer ban.
Right but now they have him, and he does cover roughly the same positions in the team as Alexis Sanchez.

Seems that Mbappe will leave Monaco. No news since the weekend but there's been no news of a move to Real Madrid either. A few suggestions that PSG are interested but that seems very unlikely to me.

Next stage I am waiting for is for Barcelona to spend their Neymar money on someone other than Mbappe.

I don't think the sale of Kelechi reflects progress with an incoming City move. We had 5/4 of a striker plus Kelechi last season, and he was basically a unused sub for most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.