Manchester traffic

should have got the train?
Yeah obviosly I should have. I thought I had enough of time as I took of 15-20mins earlier than the recommendations I got from the workers at my hotel, and taxi is usually much smoother than train.

Every morning the traffic at Denton roundabout, travelling along Manchester Rd towards Hyde, the queue of traffic backs up all the way to the golf club entrance. Except this morning it was clear as a bell with no queues on any of the junctions. Then I noticed - the traffic lights were out of action! They must have spent millions on that roundabout over the last three years and every time they f**k about with it it gets worse and yet all they need to do is turn the bloody lights off!!

not being funny, but the trains run to the airport every 20 mins, takes 20-30 mins and costs about £7

I never get a taxi to the airport unless it's daft o'clock as it's a pain in the arse and costly.

roads between 5 and 7 are best avoided, convinced tgat why we now play midweeks at 8pm to ease congestion
Yep but had no idea it would take this much time.

Fair enough, never get the tram btw, that is shite
I think the tram is good, it serves a purpose. The issue with it is it's far too expensive, trams are too small and too infrequent. A City like Munich (which isn't too dissimilar to Manchester) has hundreds of underground stops, trains come every 4 minutes and they're 5/6x the size of our trams.

I think the tram is good, it serves a purpose. The issue with it is it's far too expensive, trams are too small and too infrequent. A City like Munich (which isn't too dissimilar to Manchester) has hundreds of underground stops, trains come every 4 minutes and they're 5/6x the size of our trams.

I meant the airport tram, take forever

Every morning the traffic at Denton roundabout, travelling along Manchester Rd towards Hyde, the queue of traffic backs up all the way to the golf club entrance. Except this morning it was clear as a bell with no queues on any of the junctions. Then I noticed - the traffic lights were out of action! They must have spent millions on that roundabout over the last three years and every time they f**k about with it it gets worse and yet all they need to do is turn the bloody lights off!!
Ha ha. Exactly the same at Eccles roundabout with the M60 at the bottom of Barton Bridge. Never a queue in sight until some bright spark needed a project to do. So lights get put up and it's fucking gridlocked now.

You couldn't make it up.

One hour Manchester to didsbury! Why is it so bad?!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.