Manchester traffic

I have cycled to the Etihad for every Champions' League fixture this season. I live 6.2 miles away door-to-door with a cycling time of 27 minutes. Bike parking is plentiful at the stadium. I love it. It's easily the quickest way to get to the match. You can be waiting half an hour just to get on the tram for instance!
Give it a go!
Where's the parking ?

What's with the feckin "bus gate" on Oxford Road. Been done for that, didn't even know it was a thing.

I very rarely drive in to Manchester, but had to on this particular day and last time it was an ordinary road. Money grabbing twunts.

A few of us got done here on the night of the wolves game. Come out of the car park at work on oxford road and it was gridlocked because of that big fire on ashton old road. Decided to try a different way and went down oxford road not knowing it was buses only. A few got tickets in the post this week. Mines not come yet, but my car was shown in front of someone’s at work on the photo haha

It only stretches for about 50 meters ffs

I’ve never had to commute for 15 years I used to walking to work I’ve recently moved it now takes me 45 mins to travel 6 miles to drop my daughter at a school near my station, it’s fucking ridiculous. Also I knew the standard of driving was bad but it’s gettibg atrocious red lighting jumping, blocking junctions causing everyone else to block as people can’t move on green. As for cycle lanes on major roads they are shit and not safe, I’m sure more would cycle if the cunts in cars were more respectful I know I would, but there’s now way I’m taking my life into my hands with these pricks on the road.

Developers are paying 5k section 106 for every apartment built generally and the ratio of parking provision with each new build apartment is low. A lot of these apartment dwellers don’t want or use cars.
I am working on the new Kampus project between Chorlton Street and Aytoun Street. 500 apartments are being built but not a single parking place.
On these City dwellers not wanting cars a lad on there whose sister lives in town told me she has no need for a car with everything being on her doorstep. If she wants to go anywhere she simply hires one for a few days.

It's a National problem. I live in Lincoln and it often takes me 45 minutes to do a 5 mile journey that should take no more than 20 minutes. Too many cars on the road; not enough room.

Kids can't /won't walk more than a few hundred yards to school. The local roads are so much clearer when kids are off school.

Also, there are so many people who would rather sit in their car in traffic for 10 minutes rather than walk for 15 minutes.

I'm in Phoenix, Arizona at the moment and have just driven on a 6-lane urban freeway (5 standard lanes plus a high-occupancy lane at rush hour). They still have jams & bumper-to-bumper traffic at times but I was laughing with my son about the 6-lane highway compared to the 1-lane highway that is a Bury New Road, a major arterial and commuter route from the City centre to the M60.

The highway (401) that runs east/west in Toronto is 16 lanes (8 each way) and it is crammed to the tits most times.

Isnt the bloke that has headed planning in greater Manchester for the last 20 years vociferously anti-car? I cant remember his name but they had him on gmr just after they'd finished turning the a580 into a bus lane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.