Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
In work till 2 now so I expect this thread to have at least 6000 posts by the time I log back on

It moved forward 1000 posts very quickly yesterday, in about 3 hours. I was off work and watching shit happen! Am officially excited today, I think Top Trumps are going to have to design a whole new pack just for the City Sharks!

Would this be happening if Sane wasn't injured? No.

Would this be happening if we weren't scared of FFP 2.0? No.

This is panic buying at its best.

Is Mahrez a very good player who will probably play very well in an excellent team? Yes. But it's a sad state of affairs that football has arrived at the point where you shell out close to 100 million pounds, to cover an injury for a few months, rather than give an academy player a chance.

Firstly we were after sanchez before Sane injury? so were after a winger and it was said we had another target, reports have said this has been being negotiated a couple of weeks but only just broke.

Secondly so what about ffp 2.0 was part of the reason, any club that needs a rebuild that sits on their hands before they are tied are fucking idiots, which is why arsenal are willing to spend 60m on aurberang(spelt wrong)

Less desperation more sound business imho

If this gets over the line it really really isnt any kind of panic buy, we were balls deep for Sanchez (I dont remember anyone saying not to buy him) until united offered him more money than we agreed therefore it makes absolutely perfect sense for us to be after another forward who can play all across the front line.

I always like to judge a player off how I feel if/when he plays against us and whenever we play Leicester, Mahrez worries me, get him signed

If he helps us win any of these:
League Cup winners £1.1m prize money
Premier League winners £39m prize money
FA Cup winners £1.8m prize money
Champions League winners £13.9m prize money

Coutinho, who’s never helped a team win a trophy and never won Prem POTY, has gone for £145m, Mahrez at £90m isn’t that ridiculous. Football transfers have moved on. Defenders are going for £55-75m now but fans’ heads are still in the thinking that that’s what the world’s elite attacking mids and strikers are going for when that ship has sailed and has gone over the horizon!

What's the prize for second place in the PL?

Coutinho was a knock on from the Neymar money which I think could just be a one time thing. Now that that's all spent I would be surprised if clubs just accept the Neymar/Coutinho prices as a paradigm shift. We're seeing it with PEA- he's going for 40% of Coutinho's fee.

This is how I see it....once we walked away from the Sanchez deal, we should have made a stronger push for Mahrez earlier in the transfer window. We have clearly wanted another attacker even before the Sane injury, so waiting until the last day shows poor planning. If rumours are correct, it would seem we made a bid earlier in the month and didnt go back in after that first bid was turned down...If this deal doesnt happen, it might come down to the fact we didnt leave ourselves/the selling club enough time.
What's the highest sum City could pay for Mahrez in this situation, what do you think? Imagine you're Txiki. Take into account that we're having a real chance to win 2-4 trophies, so the fix is needed immediately.

Would this be happening if Sane wasn't injured? No.

Would this be happening if we weren't scared of FFP 2.0? No.

This is panic buying at its best.

Is Mahrez a very good player who will probably play very well in an excellent team? Yes. But it's a sad state of affairs that football has arrived at the point where you shell out close to 100 million pounds, to cover an injury for a few months, rather than give an academy player a chance.
And you know this how? There were reports 2 weeks ago that City were in discussions with a "mystery forward" and it would be difficult to sign him this window. So from what I can gather is that the only thing that has changed in the last few days is that the identity of the mystery forward became public knowledge. Panic buy my ass.

And I'm just fuckin tired of this academy players bollocks. Fuckin feel like we have a hundred Messis in the academy who're not getting game time because Pep sucks. Fuck's sake get your head out of your ass. Jesus came in and started getting picked over motherfuckin Aguero, one of the best strikers in the world, as a 19 yr old. Sane, a 20 yr old prospect who had 1 season under his belt, worked his ass off in training and started getting chances over Nolito, who is a seasoned player. Youth players will get chances when they deserve it. We're not running a charity. You don't play russian roulette with academy players in the hope that they'll suddenly become Messi after playing 90 mins against West Brom. Either they have it or they don't. Stop wumming ffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.