Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

I think Liverpool have been the 2nd best side this season and in this instance the table does lie because United have been rubbish mostly.

We are so far ahead though that I think we will win it again next season

As well as this the dippers got one point against the rags this season, if they could have got a win or two draws they would be right there with the rags.

Micky Quinn thinks the dippers will because of Klopp's pashun.

Klopp couldn't keep up with Pep's Bayern, I'm not sure he's got much hope of keeping up with us when the pressure is on

On the other had I do think he'll be closest, particularly if we concede a bunch of points to them in the head to head games.

I think you are right, I can see them going out spending big in the summer to try and close the gap but can you imagine if they fall 6 points behind after the first 7-8 games the fans will go into meltdown again.
I watched his post match interview yesterday and he absolutely laid into his players.
Unfortunately for united the idea that he would gurantee them a league title in his second seasonhas not worked and he hasn't stayed more than 3 years at a club for a long time.
It's next season or never for him to win the league their next year

I really don't care and it is too early to say. Arsenal and Chelsea might well change their managers. Poch could be a target for Real Madrid if Zidane doesn't win the UCL again. All the teams will buy and sell players.

What I care about is City showing that they have learnt from the past title wins and this time will strengthen the squad significantly. By significant, I don't mean wholesale changes but around 3 additions who raise the level of the squad. I'd quite like one to be a headline signing like Hazard or Mbappe; not to create transfer records but to add someone who is good enough to command a starting place every week. That's not to say that they should start every game: what we need now is to be able to rotate more without a noticeable dip in performance.

Make the right moves in the transfer market, and leave the rest to wonder how the #### they can compete for the title.

Liverpool.

Spurs - Nah, no meat on the bone
ManU - Not even bone
Chelsea - Need another season to get back into shape and I think Hazard will go
Ars - Need a season to recover after Arsene

Only City can stop Liverpool being dominant in the years to come and my god I want that soooo much we got a lot of fkin payback for them

I do think he'll be closest, particularly if we concede a bunch of points to them in the head to head games.
Yeah, a big part of our success has been our record against the top six. If we can maintain it next season then we should win back to back titles.

It's easy to look good when you pick and choose your games and when to perform as Liverpool do.
Lets see how Liverpool do when they have to do it week in week out, Klopps system isn't easy to replicate every week and Salah won't have a season like this one again.
Liverpool will finish the season around 20 points behind us, there's a reason for that.

I think Liverpool's big change in form came when Coutinho left. Not that Coutinho is a bad player, far from it, but Liverpool changed the way they set up. This is similar to how when a new manager comes, the team get a bit of a "unknown quantity" vibe from it, as people aren't sure of how to set up. They are a good team, and they will be in the CL places, but if there aren't any big changes over the summer, I can see teams being better prepared for them (and Salah). They also play a lot of stuff on the break. Teams who don't want to go toe to toe, will be hard to get behind the back of (Like there game against United).

United are grinding results out, and will most likely continue to do that. For a team not playing good football and looking vulnerable, they are still 2nd in the league, so if they kick on (Some better signings which Mourinho actually wants), i think they will be our biggest threat.

Chelsea is all if's and buts. Depends which manager they bring in, as seems like Conte is off, and they look stale with him. Still some top players in that team though.

Spurs are Spurs. Will be 3rd or 4th. Play good football and really rate their manager, but they are still weak in certain areas and the new stadium will take a bit to bed in. Also think they'll lose the odd player and replace with "One's for the future", again, losing them some momentum.

Arsenal shouldn't even be mentioned as title challengers any more. harsh, maybe, but when have they looked like challenging this season, or the last couple of seasons. Wenger is not the force he was and while the mentality of their board is to be happy to tick over, they will not break back into the top 4. I can't see many in their squad, anyone of the top 4, or even 5, would covet. They really are losing aura of a "big club".

There are a few teams that could win the title in a season where there's no outstanding team. A Chelsea with no European football in one of their biennial seasons where their big players can be bothered playing for their (presumably new) manager will always be a threat. And the rags, Liverpool and Spurs are all capable of mustering a points total somewhere in the 80s. But I don't see anyone in the league capable of matching what we did this season, so the only question is whether we can do it again.

I actually think that the rags are a decent team if they are allowed to play, but they are constantly held back by their manager. Although to be fair, that's mainly due to their horrible defence (the biggest myth in football) that needs covering by the 6 players in front of them and bailing out by De Gea on a regular basis. Let's be honest, they're still playing with two converted wingers the wrong side of 30 as full backs. If they bought world class defenders and full backs to the point that Mourinho was confident enough to allow the attacking players to express themselves, then they'd be a threat. But they'll probably just spunk their transfer budget on another haircut with millions of Instagram followers.

Liverpool can beat anyone on their day, but their day is frequently followed by a week or two where they struggle to beat anyone, hence why they've won 8 fewer games than us this season. They lack the squad depth for the long haul and ultimately, they lack the world class midfield talent to dominate big games. Spurs have the same problem, and both will struggle to fight on two fronts over a full season, as usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.