Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Biggest threat is the bloody referees.

Referees and the FA. Stoke on a wet windy night. Peg, always wins the league in his third season ( has he ever had a third season.)

Talk sport and the BBC,

Teams who have found us out.

Climate change and a potential potato famine.

I think Liverpool's big change in form came when Coutinho left. Not that Coutinho is a bad player, far from it, but Liverpool changed the way they set up. This is similar to how when a new manager comes, the team get a bit of a "unknown quantity" vibe from it, as people aren't sure of how to set up. They are a good team, and they will be in the CL places, but if there aren't any big changes over the summer, I can see teams being better prepared for them (and Salah). They also play a lot of stuff on the break. Teams who don't want to go toe to toe, will be hard to get behind the back of (Like there game against United).

United are grinding results out, and will most likely continue to do that. For a team not playing good football and looking vulnerable, they are still 2nd in the league, so if they kick on (Some better signings which Mourinho actually wants), i think they will be our biggest threat.

Chelsea is all if's and buts. Depends which manager they bring in, as seems like Conte is off, and they look stale with him. Still some top players in that team though.

Spurs are Spurs. Will be 3rd or 4th. Play good football and really rate their manager, but they are still weak in certain areas and the new stadium will take a bit to bed in. Also think they'll lose the odd player and replace with "One's for the future", again, losing them some momentum.

Arsenal shouldn't even be mentioned as title challengers any more. harsh, maybe, but when have they looked like challenging this season, or the last couple of seasons. Wenger is not the force he was and while the mentality of their board is to be happy to tick over, they will not break back into the top 4. I can't see many in their squad, anyone of the top 4, or even 5, would covet. They really are losing aura of a "big club".

I think Van Dijk arriving has been the main reason behind Liverpool's form. They have someone who is both a great defender and brilliant in build up play.

It will be interesting to see what other teams do in the transfer window.

I'm inclined to say Liverpool as they have the makings of a really strong first eleven, but then again there is not much quality when you look beyond that. The high pressing, in your face approach works well against the top teams, however when the focus is on them to break teams down they often lack that quality on the ball, which is what happens when your midfield is Henderson, Milner and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Chelsea have massively underperformed this year and there seems to be a constant clash between Conte and the board. They've got a good squad, so if they get the behind scenes stuff sorted and with a few new additions they could be a threat. Having said that their recent transfer policy has been bizarre... Barkley and Drinkwater?!

United... strange team to work out. In theory a strong attacking line up, but very rarely demonstrated. Central midfield needs improving as their current set up just doesn't work. The haircut might get sold in summer, but not sure who would want him or be able to afford him. Mourinho's negactive approach has seen their league position improve compared to last season, but a lot of their big name players aren't performing and the fans aren't happy (Great from a City perspective!).

Spurs - A lot of credit to Poch for the job he has done there but realistically they blew their best chance for a title the year Leicester won it. Kane has proven himself to be a truly top class Premier League player (Champs League and International remains to be seen), Eriksson is also another quality player but I don't see many of the others getting in the starting line ups for the other top 4 teams aside from maybe Vertonghen. I think Delle Ali has been found out this year and not sure they have enough quality to challenge for the league.

From a City perspective it's incredible to think we've won the league in this style in only Pep's second season. Might we improve even further next season? Last year was a transition period as Pep instilled his style on a group of players unfamiliar with his methods, this year we really saw that come together.

In terms of our squad, this season it became apparent just how much we rely on Fernandinho and I would like to see another midfielder brought in to share the burden with him. Despite our goal scoring exploits I'd also still like to see another forward player come in. The emergence of Fodem and Diaz has been encouraging this season and hopefully they will play a bigger part next year.

Regardless of what the other teams do, I think we have the best chance of retaining the title since we won the Premier League for the first time. In the meantime I'm hoping Pep can keep the players on track to see out this season in the manner we've performed up to now. 100 points and the goal record would be a great way to do it. What a time to be a Blue!

Complacency on and off the pitch.

On the pitch, not worried. Pep has it covered.

Off the pitch, we need 3/4 top quality additions to compete on all fronts, please not another summer of rodwells, Sinclair's etc.

One push this summer, get quality in and next 3-4 years we don't need to worry about any opposition domestically

I think Van Dijk arriving has been the main reason behind Liverpool's form. They have someone who is both a great defender and brilliant in build up play.

Good shout as well.

I still believe they will find it tougher next season, unless Keita is a good as Liverpool seem to believe he is, and other additions are of a better level to what they have.

Good shout as well.

I still believe they will find it tougher next season, unless Keita is a good as Liverpool seem to believe he is, and other additions are of a better level to what they have.
They still need another CB/DM & GK for the first eleven let alone cover & no way Salah repeats this season

You would say Liverpool considering their form this end of the season. They keep hold of Salah and buy wisely then they could be a threat. That being sad I see they keep getting linked to Fellaini so if this is the calibre of player they are going for then I am not overly concerned.

Chelsea possibly if they have a new manager, clear out and buy well. Would depend on how serious they took the Europa.

Pep wont be happy with this one title, he will want to build and try and better this season which is why I am confident we can retain it. Even if we play to this seasons level teams have a massive gap to bridge just to get to where we are now.

Definiteltliverpool. Van Dijk has completely transformed them and so long as they keep Salah and everyone stays fit, they're going to be a real contender next year. Cue the usual quip.

If you listen to certain Liverpool fans, they are already champions next season and CL winners this season.

Refs and ourselves. No reason we can't stomp the league into the floor like we've done this season based purely on who we have to play. We have the best young squad who just got a year wiser and they shouldn't be scared of anyone. As long as we have proper cover for Fernandinho and don't get a shit ton of injuries we should win it by a margin again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.