Manchester traffic

Took me one hour to get across the Mancunian way last night and getting home tonight similar.

It would appear to me that the city’s growth is making travelling into the city centre by car almost impossible at times. I am sure it is getting worse.

One thing that struck me tonight was how many people stuck in the traffic only had one person on the car. Surely car sharing clubs are a significant way forward?

Interested to know other peoples expereniances of getting in and out of town and what you think the answer is.

Traffic is awful around Manchester, but it could be worse.....you could live in Birmingham which is the worst place I have to drive to. However, if it was made more aware to the population that you have a right to work from home with the flexible working legislation from the EU (depending on what job you do), then this would alleviate most of the issues in my opinion

The money should be spent on high speed broadband for the country, why the need to travel to meetings etc when you can FaceTime conference call meetings.
I'm stunned at the stuff people still travel for. Someone I know has changed job twice on a little under 6 months with the NHS - both roles in Manchester. Both times they've had to travel to London, with an overnight stay, to complete induction training. Fucking joke, but it's public money, so who cares.

Yesterday's trip home must've been a record - averaged about 4 miles an hour on my drive home. Keep it up Manchester!

Worked in town for nearly 4 years now. Last night was the worst to get home especially when you consider there was no football or events on. I can be home in half an hour finishing at 5, 6.48pm it was last night. Absolute disgrace, digging up every road in Manchester at the minute I think.

The more you drive around, the more you realise what a bunch of wankers we are to each other, just a few I've spotted recently (and I don't drive a lot)

1. Jumping red lights is a sport.
2. Doing u-turns on major roads (some dickhead doing one on Stockport Road on Saturday).
3. Speeding is just a given.
4. Jumping red lights.
5. Majority have absolutely no idea how to negotiate roundabouts (do we still need these fucking things).
6. Indicators appear to be optional.
7. Texting and using a mobile phone while driving is an everyday occurrence.
8. Jumping red lights.
9. Cyclists are (on the whole) wankers.
10. Going round corners at 2mph - I'm not condoning speeding, but for fuck sake GET ROUND THE FUCKING CORNER.
11. Fucking lazy twatting ballbags picking kids up from school in a car when they live 10 mins away.
12. Double fucking parking on the school run.
13. Jumping red lights....

Yesterday's trip home must've been a record - averaged about 4 miles an hour on my drive home. Keep it up Manchester!
Last night was a shocker. There was an accident on the M60 at Worsley and another on the roundabout at Simister Island. That just has a knock-on effect, first around North Manchester/Salford, then the major arterial routes then the city centre. Plus the extra traffic not using the motorway overwhelms our inadequate road system.

The more you drive around, the more you realise what a bunch of wankers we are to each other, just a few I've spotted recently (and I don't drive a lot)

1. Jumping red lights is a sport.
2. Doing u-turns on major roads (some dickhead doing one on Stockport Road on Saturday).
3. Speeding is just a given.
4. Jumping red lights.
5. Majority have absolutely no idea how to negotiate roundabouts (do we still need these fucking things).
6. Indicators appear to be optional.
7. Texting and using a mobile phone while driving is an everyday occurrence.
8. Jumping red lights.
9. Cyclists are (on the whole) wankers.
10. Going round corners at 2mph - I'm not condoning speeding, but for fuck sake GET ROUND THE FUCKING CORNER.
11. Fucking lazy twatting ballbags picking kids up from school in a car when they live 10 mins away.
12. Double fucking parking on the school run.
13. Jumping red lights....

One night last week i dropped my lad off on queens rd, took me 25 minutes to drive the half mile to Blackley up Hazelbottom rd, whilst in the queue a **** come down Harpurhey rd and proceeded to drive all the way up on the other side of the road! Utter ****, never a copper about at the right moment is there? As for people driving whilst texting or checking fucking facebook!! One twat a month ago in cheadle came off at the bypass near moor lane and actually drove for 20 yards or so on the pavement as he was checking his phone, i shudder to think what would have happened if a pedestrian had been about.

Oh and whilst i'm ranting, to the 2 cars at the bottom of Meade hill and Middleton rd on Saturday who drove between the 2 crashed cars thanks a fucking lot. Couldn't believe how many people couldn't give a fuck, thankfully all involved were ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.