West Ham 2017/18

Most of the idiots slagging off Pellers are the same ones who doubted Pep last season. He's a top manager, I think West Ham will be top 8 with him in charge.

A West Ham fan at work told me this morning that the Hammers now have the second best manager in the world.

So happy with pellers apoinment. He is a top manager that is vastly underated. I think he will prove that again with west ham. I am expectin a top 10 finish for them especially if they freshen up the squad.

Afternoon Gents (and ladies)

Just popped in to see opinions on pellers and stumbled on this thread. I cannot believe the positive opinions on the bowl with no soul. It’s diabolical. A decent athletics stadium maybe but that is just not fit for purpose. A one off visit maybe ok but I’ve done about 35 visits now. I hate it with a passion.

My ST is admittedly in the upper tier but you just feel so detached from what’s going on, can’t even make players out.

The bowl itself was only built for 2012 and already it’s showing, the concourse floor cutting up etc, the wrap looks knackered already. I really have tried to like it, I just can’t. Everything about it starting with the most soulless walk from Stratford. Was that close to giving it all up after 25 years but caved when I realised that on match days football is secondary. All about mates and a few beers

Did I mention I hate it? I hate it

Anyway, best of luck next season and thanks for letting me on
IRONS

Re the stadium - Napoli, Herrha Berlin and several others all manage perfectly well with a pitch along way from the stands. Isn’t it the, really, that the stadium is a stick to beat the owners with as the team isn’t very good?

As for Pellegrini, loved him the first season here, he brought exciting football to the club and won the double in style, after that his flaws became apparent and I couldn't wait to see the back of him midway through the second season which dragged into a third season. He's a limited manager but that's not to say he's a bad one. If he's backed reasonably well he will have west ham playing enjoyable football for the best part and will bring in the right players to take you towards the top of that second league which basically consists of everyone bar the top 6 now. Dont see him as a long term man to take west ham beyond that but still a very good appointment and I wish both him and west ham well.

I always felt a bit sorry for Pellers because through the second season and onwards he was clearly being kept on until they could get Pep to come so it was all a wee bit "on hold" both on and off the pitch but you can't argue with champs and League Cup 2013 - 14 and another League Cup 2015- 16. Always a dignified bloke and I agree that given his age he isn't a long term solution for the Hammers but I still think Arsenal would have done well with him as would have Everton too. I wish him luck.

Re the stadium - Napoli, Herrha Berlin and several others all manage perfectly well with a pitch along way from the stands. Isn’t it the, really, that the stadium is a stick to beat the owners with as the team isn’t very good?

And they deserve every beat from that stick. Gold promised the seats would be no further than they were at UP and this move would take us the the next level! The stadium benefits us to the tune of a massive £12m a season compared to UP. Wow, proper next level.

There is a multitude of sins to crucify them for, the stadium is just one of them. Should have redeveloped UP, but no chance of a backhander there (the old ground mysteriously sold millions under market value then got flipped to another developer for market value)

We are a joke of a club thanks to those three

Afternoon Gents (and ladies)

Just popped in to see opinions on pellers and stumbled on this thread. I cannot believe the positive opinions on the bowl with no soul. It’s diabolical. A decent athletics stadium maybe but that is just not fit for purpose. A one off visit maybe ok but I’ve done about 35 visits now. I hate it with a passion.

My ST is admittedly in the upper tier but you just feel so detached from what’s going on, can’t even make players out.

The bowl itself was only built for 2012 and already it’s showing, the concourse floor cutting up etc, the wrap looks knackered already. I really have tried to like it, I just can’t. Everything about it starting with the most soulless walk from Stratford. Was that close to giving it all up after 25 years but caved when I realised that on match days football is secondary. All about mates and a few beers

Did I mention I hate it? I hate it

Anyway, best of luck next season and thanks for letting me on
IRONS

@BlueHammer85 will be along shortly to tell you it’s the bestest super most amazing ‘football stadium’ in that London

Pellers will do well for you

And they deserve every beat from that stick. Gold promised the seats would be no further than they were at UP and this move would take us the the next level! The stadium benefits us to the tune of a massive £12m a season compared to UP. Wow, proper next level.

There is a multitude of sins to crucify them for, the stadium is just one of them. Should have redeveloped UP, but no chance of a backhander there (the old ground mysteriously sold millions under market value then got flipped to another developer for market value)

We are a joke of a club thanks to those three

"The contract confirms that West Ham will pay just £2.5 million a year in rent during their 99-year lease and not a penny towards the running costs of their new home, including policing and stewarding, pitch maintenance, and even goalposts, goal nets and corner flags – the bill for which will be footed by the taxpayer. The value of these services has been calculated to be similar to what the club are paying in rent, which critics claim means they have got the stadium rent-free."

Now surely this was the deal of the century you get it all for fuck all.

I’m well aware of the terms of our lease. However little you think we pay there is still a net benefit to the taxpayer. Who would get bugger all if we weren’t in there. Massive white elephant. That’s why we got the so called deal of the century.

Once athletics moves to Brum I still reckon we’ll be offered the stadium. Probably at a knock down price which will have taxpayers jumping up and down again at yet another deal of the century

Ps. We get to use the place for 25 days out of 365. Look at the LLDC not specifically WHUFC. Whatever the deal they’ve still sold our soul

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.