West Ham 2017/18

It's really not an amazing stadium but it's not as bad as it is made out to be. It's obvious that it was a fairly cheap build and that it was not designed for football. The temporary seats are a second rate solution compared to the way the Etihad was designed to accommodate a one-off athletics event and a football playing anchor tenant.
I agree with this, though, I think it depends on where you are in the stadium — it really was a horrid experience when I went in Autumn. We got tickets off a mate (and his family) who was ill that week and I could barely make out who was playing from where we were, much less “enjoy” the football on show. I felt like we were back to my youth when I would visit mates who supported lower league teams and we’d try to find “free” vantage points from the adjacent car parks or surrounding neighbourhoods. I thought the shops were horridly run and the wind that whipped through our section chilled us to the bone, as well.

Probably one of the least pleasurable stadium experiences I have had, and I’ve gone to the Swamp quite a few times!

I agree with this, though, I think it depends on where you are in the stadium — it really was a horrid experience when I went in Autumn. We got tickets off a mate (and his family) who was ill that week and I could barely make out who was playing from where we were, much less “enjoy” the football on show. I felt like we were back to my youth when I would visit mates who supported lower league teams and we’d try to find “free” vantage points from the adjacent car parks or surrounding neighbourhoods. I thought the shops were horridly run and the wind that whipped through our section chilled us to the bone, as well.

Probably one of the least pleasurable stadium experiences I have had, and I’ve gone to the Swamp quite a few times!

i will give you alot of that. if you are near the back of the stadium it's a joke how far away from the pitch you are.

everything else, much much better than what we had. Transport, Facilitys, the area, beer bars everywhere.

Most of the idiots slagging off Pellers are the same ones who doubted Pep last season. He's a top manager, I think West Ham will be top 8 with him in charge.

Afternoon Gents (and ladies)

Just popped in to see opinions on pellers and stumbled on this thread. I cannot believe the positive opinions on the bowl with no soul. It’s diabolical. A decent athletics stadium maybe but that is just not fit for purpose. A one off visit maybe ok but I’ve done about 35 visits now. I hate it with a passion.

My ST is admittedly in the upper tier but you just feel so detached from what’s going on, can’t even make players out.

The bowl itself was only built for 2012 and already it’s showing, the concourse floor cutting up etc, the wrap looks knackered already. I really have tried to like it, I just can’t. Everything about it starting with the most soulless walk from Stratford. Was that close to giving it all up after 25 years but caved when I realised that on match days football is secondary. All about mates and a few beers

Did I mention I hate it? I hate it

Anyway, best of luck next season and thanks for letting me on
IRONS

Just popped in to see opinions on pellers and stumbled on this thread. I cannot believe the positive opinions on the bowl with no soul. It’s diabolical. A decent athletics stadium maybe but that is just not fit for purpose. A one off visit maybe ok but I’ve done about 35 visits now. I hate it with a passion.

My ST is admittedly in the upper tier but you just feel so detached from what’s going on, can’t even make players out.

The bowl itself was only built for 2012 and already it’s showing, the concourse floor cutting up etc, the wrap looks knackered already. I really have tried to like it, I just can’t. Everything about it starting with the most soulless walk from Stratford. Was that close to giving it all up after 25 years but caved when I realised that on match days football is secondary. All about mates and a few beers

IRONS

Mp will be a good manager for you,stick around and keep us up to date as the season goes on

IRONS

If he's given time and a decent amount of money to bring in some decent players he'll do just fine.

His football when he 1st came to City was brilliant 4-4-2 at it's best.

He'll also attract a decent calibre of player.

Good luck.

IRONS

Been to the London stadium three times now. First game last season on the Friday night I was right at the front of the bottom tier, my personal experience was fine even though despite being literally the closest away fan to the pitch i was still miles away. Was just enough atmosphere around the bottom end and the home fans to my left. Could tell straight away it hadn't been transformed into a football ground but expected that to change over the following summer.

This season I was up in the gods 2 rows from the back for the first time and it was horrendous. The way fans are blocked with massive empty gaps everywhere makes noise very hard to travel, I could hear city fans singing from the lower tier that sounded like they were on the other side of the ground the gap was so vast. Always had a respect for west ham, often thought of them as the southern version of our club pre-takeover and the Boleyn ground reminded me of Maine road, so I feel very sorry for you having to endure that as your home stadium, it almost needs to be completely knocked down and built from the ground up to ever be a true football stadium which of course is never going to happen.

As for Pellegrini, loved him the first season here, he brought exciting football to the club and won the double in style, after that his flaws became apparent and I couldn't wait to see the back of him midway through the second season which dragged into a third season. He's a limited manager but that's not to say he's a bad one. If he's backed reasonably well he will have west ham playing enjoyable football for the best part and will bring in the right players to take you towards the top of that second league which basically consists of everyone bar the top 6 now. Dont see him as a long term man to take west ham beyond that but still a very good appointment and I wish both him and west ham well.

Appreciate your replies and have to echo the Man. City of the south sentiment. Well, in the late 80s 90s anyway. Still pinching myself the dildos have pulled this one off. Just waiting for the 10mill war chest to be unveiled for pellers to play with!!

I’ll pop by with a progress report in August
Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.