Running thread

It's not Thunder Run although I hear that is really good. The run is Equinox 24. I'm running solo but you can run in teams up to 8 people. It's a 10k loop and you complete as many loops as you can

I can say, the Thunder Run is brilliant

What's good about it?

The route, challenging and keeps you interested. Some good views. Atmosphere, from runners to spectators, is fantastic. Everyone friendly, the night runs are special! The part of being a team and setting up camp and your running order, getting some beer down yer neck in good company! Would definitely recommend if you want to do a 24 hour event or relay.

Got another 2 miles in this morning. No knee pain, starting to gain a bit more confidence in it again. Foam roller, therabands and stretches before the game later. I'm hoping to get out for a 5km one morning this week before work but we'll see how I go. Much prefer running first thing, nobody about and sets me up for a decent day.

Been reading a bit about that run everyday thing for October, not been able to commit to that this time around so I'm going for minimum 10k/day steps instead: I can be a right lazy, sedentary bastard. Any of you lot bothered with the run everyday and if so, how is it going?

Sad news that 2 lads have died after the Cardiff half marathon today, both finished then collapsed, watching it this morning with admiration for all of them then out to watch the match, just got back and even though I probably won't know either I'm gutted for there families, sorry but a missed pen doesn't seem so important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.