Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

Again completely agree, Clough asked if there were any positives, he said exactly that.

I refuse to let the media make me feel embarrassed by how ruthless we were, we played some great football, I don't remember the media ever saying that about united when they beat ipswich 9-0 in a PL game, so they can f**k off for me.
Or when the dippers put 9 past Palace in the league (before losing to them in the FA Cup semifinal).

I enjoyed that game much more then the Rotherham one. We were fantastic and tbh I didn’t think burton were that bad....

The atmosphere was actually decent tonight aswell which was good.

Genuinely gutted we didn’t get 10. The last 5 minutes was the best part.

All respect to Burton, they tried their best, this is what Cup games are all about, little clubs playing big clubs, no need for City to ease off, Burton get their payday and their players get to tell their grandkids all about it, so its great for everyone concerned.

At least we can hold our head high and say we paid them and the cup the respect deserved by fielding a strong team. Nothing short of a professional display. A bit laboured at times but credit to Burton for making it as difficult as they could. At least they showed some intent instead of just sitting back.

No doubt we will be slated for scoring 9 by the media, stating money etc etc etc.
There was nothing derogatory said in the media when Spurs smashed Rochdale the other month which I reminded my Spud mate of, when he slated us about us only playing Sunday League teams to get to the final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.