Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy this 'issue' with the system. Spurs, Lyon, Leicester in the cup, Cardiff, Saints, Newcastle, shaktar have all gone down to GS or to extremely low points.

Problem is some fans want to do the Everton Liverpool United, Burnley ETC. Well, if you've not got the points to do it like me, go to the others. I've only got 9k points, went Hoff, Shaktar, Spurs, Leicester Saints and Newcastle. Make the most of what you can get and stop moaning about not being able to go to Huddersfield.

Great post but do you agree with me that getting double points because you can afford £50 is wrong ? 10 aways gets you as many points as another Blue who does every league match away but is on Silver.

If 100% of the tickets went to points holders there wouldn't be an issue. The issue is when a large percentage of the tickets are siphoned off for supporters clubs, corporate tickets, club sponsors, players friends and family, mcfc staff etc etc.

I've not missed a game all season so far, got every ticket on my own points, couldn't get a ticket today. Ive no problem with that, other people have more points, just how it is. However I know probably not far off 2 dozen at huddersfield today that have next to no points, or at least less than me that have tickets because they have people that get them tickets through supporters club, corporate tickets and knowing staff that get tickets. I have no ill will towards any of those that were offered a ticket, its not their fault and theres no reason for them to turn them down which is similar to when you see rows of tourists at the big away games, they get abuse at times but they aren't the problem themselves, the problem is tickets being available through other means.

On a different note, I think it's about time the premier league increases the away allocation. I understand it will bring with it problems with segregation at some grounds and policing issues but away ends are almost always full at most clubs yet the home ends always have plenty of spares available. The fa cup games are always good when the away side bring a bigger than usual away allocation, it doesn't need to be that big but an extra few percentage would benefit everyone at all clubs.

Tommy Cooks doesn't provide tickets, There Euro trips Clearly state you can't board the plane if you haven't got a ticket.
Take it you've not read the latest minutes from the points of blue meeting then. 180-200 tickets guaranteed for Thomas Cook passengers from now on.

Take it you've not read the latest minutes from the points of blue meeting then. 180-200 tickets guaranteed for Thomas Cook passengers from now on.
I thought that was still a suggestion ? are you saying it is happening ? Totally wrong if so and I apologise for my post.
I also wonder what will happen if 100 passengers qualify in there own right, will the 80+ tickets be returned to the club for other fans or salted away ?

If 100% of the tickets went to points holders there wouldn't be an issue. The issue is when a large percentage of the tickets are siphoned off for supporters clubs, corporate tickets, club sponsors, players friends and family, mcfc staff etc etc.

I've not missed a game all season so far, got every ticket on my own points, couldn't get a ticket today. Ive no problem with that, other people have more points, just how it is. However I know probably not far off 2 dozen at huddersfield today that have next to no points, or at least less than me that have tickets because they have people that get them tickets through supporters club, corporate tickets and knowing staff that get tickets. I have no ill will towards any of those that were offered a ticket, its not their fault and theres no reason for them to turn them down which is similar to when you see rows of tourists at the big away games, they get abuse at times but they aren't the problem themselves, the problem is tickets being available through other means.

On a different note, I think it's about time the premier league increases the away allocation. I understand it will bring with it problems with segregation at some grounds and policing issues but away ends are almost always full at most clubs yet the home ends always have plenty of spares available. The fa cup games are always good when the away side bring a bigger than usual away allocation, it doesn't need to be that big but an extra few percentage would benefit everyone at all clubs.
Exactly this.
What pisses me off even more is when a post gets put on the ticket forum on here especially for a early kick off at a away game, “got a couple of no shows so two tickets going spare”.

I thought that was still a suggestion ? are you saying it is happening ? Totally wrong if so and I apologise for my post.
I also wonder what will happen if 100 passengers qualify in there own right, will the 80+ tickets be returned to the club for other fans or salted away ?
If 100 qualify on their own points and book on the flight then there's no problem is there. There'll be 100 extra tickets for those applying via the normal channels.

What I didn't realise until recently that anyone who has an officially sourced ticket - via a branch, club staff or seasonal hospitality - can book on the TC flight. All of these will know they have a ticket before thry go on sale to SC holders.

I don't buy this 'issue' with the system. Spurs, Lyon, Leicester in the cup, Cardiff, Saints, Newcastle, shaktar have all gone down to GS or to extremely low points.

Problem is some fans want to do the Everton Liverpool United, Burnley ETC. Well, if you've not got the points to do it like me, go to the others. I've only got 9k points, went Hoff, Shaktar, Spurs, Leicester Saints and Newcastle. Make the most of what you can get and stop moaning about not being able to go to Huddersfield.
Or sit in the huddersfield end with us.no points required :+)

If 100 qualify on their own points and book on the flight then there's no problem is there. There'll be 100 extra tickets for those applying via the normal channels.

What I didn't realise until recently that anyone who has an officially sourced ticket - via a branch, club staff or seasonal hospitality - can book on the TC flight. All of these will know they have a ticket before thry go on sale to SC holders.

Where do these extra 100 tickets come from.....? Sounds like politician's spin. There's still up to 100 less than would have previously been available?!

Where do these extra 100 tickets come from.....? Sounds like politician's spin. There's still up to 100 less than would have previously been available?!

There not 100 extra tickets, as I now understand it City will give TC 180/200 tickets to guarantee they fill the plane. If you only have 2,000 points you make sure you get on TC's list early. The point I was making and I think Bill might have misunderstood, if 100 fans qualify and get tickets in their own right, will the 100 of the 180 allocated go back to the club for other City fans or will they be spirited away to other less deserving.

There not 100 extra tickets, as I now understand it City will give TC 180/200 tickets to guarantee they fill the plane. If you only have 2,000 points you make sure you get on TC's list early. The point I was making and I think Bill might have misunderstood, if 100 fans qualify and get tickets in their own right, will the 100 of the 180 allocated go back to the club for other City fans or will they be spirited away to other less deserving.

A very good point indeed. I'm not even sure that TC didn't have tickets themselves previously. I'd booked travel independently for the Sevilla game a few years ago, couldn't get a match ticket but TC were still advertising seats. I contacted them the day before the match and they said they had match tickets but wouldn't sell me one unless I booked the flight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.