Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

In the first 10 minutes I watched Higuain running around doing a solo press and thought - good luck if you want to do that for 90 mins. He went through the motions for 3/4 of the game and 9 other outfield players were happy to watch him wasting his time. I bet he thought the EPL was a doddle after Huddersfield but I suspect he’s reappraising his views and can’t wait to go back to Italy and play at walking pace.
Higuain is class - he'll score tons for Chelsea. But yeah - forget about him pressing.

Without meaning to be overly critical...

Zinchenko dribbled himself into trouble/turnovers on several occasions. He clearly isn't as skilled as the rest of the City players on the pitch. I don't think he'll be with us next season.

Gundo - whom I really like - switched off in the 2nd half - making very poor passes back-to-back leading to turnovers. Gundo needs to up his concentration and play well throughout given how talented our midfield is.

Zinchenko was outstanding and Gundo had a good game. Gundo showed how far Foden has to improve to be a first team starter.

Zinchenko was outstanding and Gundo had a good game. Gundo showed how far Foden has to improve to be a first team starter.
Zinchenko did OK - against a side that can't press and yet tried to do so.

Gundo played well - but switched off at times.

I think that Gundo has a future with us - he's very good. And excells when played in a deeper role without primary defensive responsibility.

Zincheko could remain in our side - if he's willing to accept backup roles. He's got enough talent that I suspect he'll leave. Zinchenko will never be a regular starter in our side if other players are fit.

Chelsea looked very dangerous towards the end of the half and Ederson made some fantastic saves.

Was a little concerned how easy they were able to attack down the middle, running off the back of our midfield. Luiz managed to pass between the lines a little too easily.

Arsenal had a similar 10 minute patch.
And yet... isn't this inevitable in Pep's system?

Our primary defensive tactic is to win the ball back quickly following turnover.

Should we be unsuccessful in this tactic, we're exposed due the the failed press for a short window - in which talented teams have the opportunity to create scoring chances.

Just watched tunnel cam from yesterday - who was the chappy who came out at half time and who Pep was talking to at the end?

Chelsea looked very dangerous towards the end of the half and Ederson made some fantastic saves.

Was a little concerned how easy they were able to attack down the middle, running off the back of our midfield. Luiz managed to pass between the lines a little too easily.

Arsenal had a similar 10 minute patch.

I'm sure Pep will work on that but the upside was that the back four did a great job of providing a final hurdle that was barely breached. Eddie made one excellent save rushing off his line but his other notable save was a shot from distance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.