Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

Can I also add, Jesus continues to look razor sharp?

It's like something has clicked for the lad, looks so dangerous when on the ball and can see some of the tricks he was known for in Brazil.

Perfect timing.
With all due respect - I'm not sold on Jesus as a first choice striker.

Sure he can score goals.

But does he have the out-of-nowhere goal in him on a semi-consistent basis like Aguero showed for his first?

And yet... isn't this inevitable in Pep's system?

Our primary defensive tactic is to win the ball back quickly following turnover.

Should we be unsuccessful in this tactic, we're exposed due the the failed press for a short window - in which talented teams have the opportunity to create scoring chances.

Probably, but I saw it more a case of us retreating closer to our own 18-yard-box yesterday, rather than direct ball turnover. Perhaps we were inviting it on, playing the counters with four goals to the good, but you have to be nigh on perfect when the likes of Hazard and Pedro are still looking for give and go's.

Strangely, our turnover only came about when De Bruyne, Fern or Gundo played stupid high percentage balls across the middle, rather than direct forward passing.

For me, we don't win that game half as comfortably yesterday without Bernardo's willingness to get back in and make up the numbers.

Probably, but I saw it more a case of us retreating closer to our own 18-yard-box yesterday, rather than direct ball turnover. Perhaps we were inviting it on, playing the counters with four goals to the good, but you have to be nigh on perfect when the likes of Hazard and Pedro are still looking for give and go's.

Strangely, our turnover only came about when De Bruyne, Fern or Gundo played stupid high percentage balls across the middle, rather than direct forward passing.

For me, we don't win that game half as comfortably yesterday without Bernardo's willingness to get back in and make up the numbers.

It was definitely a tactic. Just look at the left, we regularly allowed them on to us centrally and then would work a quick release to Zinchenko from either Laporte or Fernandinho..

Sure he can score goals.

But does he have the out-of-nowhere goal in him on a semi-consistent basis like Aguero showed for his first?

He showed he had those goals for Brazil and in Brazil. He showed it against Burnley 2 weeks ago.

He obviously deferred to working hard and "playing the system" when he first got here and was getting to grips with the move, but the last month he's looked like he's got that score out of nothing ability and at 21 it's only going to happen more often.

He showed he had those goals for Brazil and in Brazil. He showed it against Burnley 2 weeks ago.

He obviously deferred to working hard and "playing the system" when he first got here and was getting to grips with the move, but the last month he's looked like he's got that score out of nothing ability and at 21 it's only going to happen more often.

What he said ;)

Agree with the points about Jesus when he came on. I thought he was excellent.

Sure he can score goals.

Sergio doesn't do it very often. Once a season maybe. What Jesus offers that Sergio doesn't is blistering pace. The finishing is there (although his heading needs work.) The confidence is coming back too. I think he is ready now. It's just that Sergio's form is keeping him out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.