Aguero's disallowed goal

Where in the shirt do you put the tag?
The location could mean someone facing forwards is offside but someone in the same position looking back at his own goal is onside.

Would it have helped with the Aguero decision? Clearly his shirt was offside when compared with the shirts of Chelsea players. It was arguably the foot of Rudiger that played him onside. You can't put a chip in every inch of every piece of clothing and footwear.

The offside law needs revising. It's ridiculous that we're talking about millimetres on or offside. That's not why the law was created. We need something that punishes players who "goal hang" for want of a better phrase. Not players who start their run 0.1 seconds before the defender.

That’s the way it should be, however we clearly can’t trust referees and their assistants to make fair and unbiased decisions, so the more we can take away from them and move to a conclusive technology the better.

it was offside. Just.

2w2eouf.jpg

Utter bollocks.

Wtf are you actually looking at?

Utter bollocks.

Wtf are you actually looking at?

I'm looking at the image blown up on a large monitor screen and Aguero's left heel breaks the yellow line. There is a clear gap 1-2" to Rudgiers left foot.

The image was taken from the VAR images provided to SKY. There are several and on the coverage they moved the yellow line to where Rudgier's foot broke the line and then moved it back to Aguero's heel. Based on the image it is a clear as day that he was marginally offside.

We dont need chips, we dont need VARs. Most decisions in football are subjective, removing the subjective decision from the ref to someone in a remote room is bollocks, absolute crap.

I cant remember where I read it but nearly every decision in contentious or can be argued either way depending on your allegiance. Better to leave subjective decisions to the ref, maybe with a monitor.

Thank you Mr Taylor. How are The Alty doing this season?

I'm looking at the image blown up on a large monitor screen and Aguero's left heel breaks the yellow line. There is a clear gap 1-2" to Rudgiers left foot.

The image was taken from the VAR images provided to SKY. There are several and on the coverage they moved the yellow line to where Rudgier's foot broke the line and then moved it back to Aguero's heel. Based on the image it is a clear as day that he was marginally offside.

So you think this is a goal then?

stones-54ad.png

So you think this is a goal then?

stones-54ad.png

I know full well it isn't a goal and I'm also aware of your comments earlier in the day about the type of camera used/camera positions, 3D etc.

Part of the problem here with the Aguero goal is that VAR only released a handful of images to SKY. It would be interesting to see the full range of images so you can have greater confidence (or not) in the technology.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.