“City Matters” fan committee

I don't think any one is abusing the system but using the system to there advantage, players and coaching staff and directors get tickets for family and friends , if they cant go do you think the player ect gives them back to the club? no way he will give them someone else. Tunnel club members are allowed an allocation, if they cant go will they hand them back ? no again they will pass them on. If my son gets a ticket then finds he cant go he will pass it on to a family member or friend, same as the sponsers do. What is happening now is nothing new but the demand at certain games is higher. As posters have put on about 12 away games have gone to membership card holders as Season Ticket holders didn't want them .There are still Swansea tickets knocking about. What needs sorting out is the so called agencies who always get tickets and sell them for a fortune .Now that is abuse of the system

Agree on your last point but those ticket sites are only a platform for one of those you've mentioned above to sell on

I've bought tickets on there for fortunes and they've come from Sale, Trafford, Bury, all over

These are fans who are doing this. I got two tickets for the derby off Ticketbis for £300 a piece when rooney scored the overhead kick, they were in the middle of the Cheadle Blues allocation

It isn't the club, this is how Tunnel Club and SC cover their seasonal costs or make extra money respectively

Agree on your last point but those ticket sites are only a platform for one of those you've mentioned above to sell on

I've bought tickets on there for fortunes and they've come from Sale, Trafford, Bury, all over

These are fans who are doing this. I got two tickets for the derby off Ticketbis for £300 a piece when rooney scored the overhead kick, they were in the middle of the Cheadle Blues allocation

It isn't the club, this is how Tunnel Club and SC cover their seasonal costs or make extra money respectively
Pity you didn't bring it up with a Cheadle Blues official. Tommy Muir wouldn't have condoned anything like that .Also if you gave the ticket number to City maybe they would have found out who passed it on and took some action and there again they might not have given a shit but unless you dip your toe in the water you never find out. Have you any proof it was a supporters club official who passed them on or just a wild assumption as some on here think the Supporters Club are to blame for everything

Doesn’t help when at least four people on the Forum are members of the Supporters Club.
The Supporters Club has a rep on the forum already.
Thats been my beef all along, but apparently according to Prestwich blue, his words by the way. Even if all the City Matters group were Supporter club members(which I'm pretty sure they are) it would have no bearing on how they discussed, wait for it, the 20% Supporter clubs get from the club.

I mean, have you ever heard anything as fuckin ridiculous than that?

@Prestwich_Blue if there are no points for away games next season what is the plan for distributing tickets for away games going forwards ?
Same as it is this season. Why would you think it would be any different?

There is no plan to change from a points-based system but there is a plan to examine the existing system. If that gets changed it won’t be until at least the season after next.

Doesn’t help when at least four people on the Forum are members of the Supporters Club.
The Supporters Club has a rep on the forum already.
There’s 2 that I know of besides Kevin, me and another member, and possibly a third though I’ve never asked so don’t know.

Why should anyone be barred from being a branch member because they’re on City Matters? My branch has monthly meetings which usually involve interesting guests plus there’s a few of my ex-colleagues from my time at BAe in Chadderton. I’m not on the committee or involved in the running of the branch. The other member is standing down from the chair of his branch this year so will just be an ordinary member. We all think independently of each other and we have different opinions on many subjects.

There’s 2 that I know of besides Kevin, me and another member, and possibly a third though I’ve never asked so don’t know.

Why should anyone be barred from being a branch member because they’re on City Matters? My branch has monthly meetings which usually involve interesting guests plus there’s a few of my ex-colleagues from my time at BAe in Chadderton. I’m not on the committee or involved in the running of the branch. The other member is standing down from the chair of his branch this year so will just be an ordinary member. We all think independently of each other and we have different opinions on many subjects.
If you can find the word barred anywhere in the post you quoted then please highlight it to me.

I have said all along the system is flawed.
This was the reason I never bought into the points scheme.
With the amount of influence the SC have it will only get worse.
City Matters reps all seem to be fighting for the SC's. Points holders are the group that always seem to bare the burden of any new ideas.
The club appears not only condone the circumventing of the points scheme they acually seem to encourage it.

It is true that the Club are looking to help Supporters Club Branches attract even more members. This is more to do with promoting SC meetings on the website, hold competitions for matchballs or shirts etc.

I assume the Club have looked at who turns up for home games (like Burton at the Etihad) and the half of aways they go to general sale and see SC members are increadibly important to our match going support.

Our Club have also probably looked at the best supported Clubs on the continent and realise the likes of Dortmund are underpinned by Supported Club Members.

It is true that the Club are looking to help Supporters Club Branches attract even more members. This is more to do with promoting SC meetings on the website, hold competitions for matchballs or shirts etc.

I assume the Club have looked at who turns up for home games (like Burton at the Etihad) and the half of aways they go to general sale and see SC members are increadibly important to our match going support.

Our Club have also probably looked at the best supported Clubs on the continent and realise the likes of Dortmund are underpinned by Supported Club Members.
Yawn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.