“City Matters” fan committee

Pity you didn't bring it up with a Cheadle Blues official. Tommy Muir wouldn't have condoned anything like that .Also if you gave the ticket number to City maybe they would have found out who passed it on and took some action and there again they might not have given a shit but unless you dip your toe in the water you never find out. Have you any proof it was a supporters club official who passed them on or just a wild assumption as some on here think the Supporters Club are to blame for everything

Other than the tickets being in the middle of their group, I've no further proof

And my assumption then is that it wasn't the first time or first SC to do it

Same as it is this season. Why would you think it would be any different?

There is no plan to change from a points-based system but there is a plan to examine the existing system. If that gets changed it won’t be until at least the season after next.
Assuming only points are given for home games, and assuming the people who are at the top go to all homes games how is anyone below the top ever going to catch up?

It is true that the Club are looking to help Supporters Club Branches attract even more members. This is more to do with promoting SC meetings on the website, hold competitions for matchballs or shirts etc.

I assume the Club have looked at who turns up for home games (like Burton at the Etihad) and the half of aways they go to general sale and see SC members are increadibly important to our match going support.

Our Club have also probably looked at the best supported Clubs on the continent and realise the likes of Dortmund are underpinned by Supported Club Members.
People complain the club is doing more for its foreign fans than for the local ones so they make an effort to support our UK branches and people complain about that. No pleasing some is there Tim?

There’s 2 that I know of besides Kevin, me and another member, and possibly a third though I’ve never asked so don’t know.

Why should anyone be barred from being a branch member because they’re on City Matters? My branch has monthly meetings which usually involve interesting guests plus there’s a few of my ex-colleagues from my time at BAe in Chadderton. I’m not on the committee or involved in the running of the branch. The other member is standing down from the chair of his branch this year so will just be an ordinary member. We all think independently of each other and we have different opinions on many subjects.

What I would find more worrying is if there were people involved in City Matters who had been rejected from joining Supporters Club Branches because they are only interested in away tickets. Branches have to turn potential members away who are only interested in away tickets and I think some of the biggest critics of SCs fall into this category.

Assuming only points are given for home games, and assuming the people who are at the top go to all homes games how is anyone below the top ever going to catch up?
This is getting tiresome. It’s only a couple of posts ago that I made it clear we’re going to be looking at rejigging the points system. No substantive discussions have taken place but the likelihood is that it will be a rolling system over a smaller number of years - say 2, 3 or 5 - instead of the current lifetime system.

People complain the club is doing more for its foreign fans than for the local ones so they make an effort to support our UK branches and people complain about that. No pleasing some is there Tim?

The Club and the OSC have been fantastic for our Branch. It’s great the Club are helping the fans closer to home and it must be good for our Football Club too.

This is getting tiresome. It’s only a couple of posts ago that I made it clear we’re going to be looking at rejigging the points system. No substantive discussions have taken place but the likelihood is that it will be a rolling system over a smaller number of years - say 2, 3 or 5 - instead of the current lifetime system.
Who is representing away support at these meetings whilst you're discussing changing the existing system, and how much notice do you intend giving that it will drop to 2, 3 or 5 years. Are supporters that have had to miss games this season for example, but been to the majority of games for the last 20 seasons now going to find they are way down the queue ? Or will it be 2, 3 or 5 years notice before these changes take effect ?

Also not sure why it's getting tiresome, some of us on here voted for you based on you telling us you were running for the position on this forum, and unless you want 100's of emails asking the same question, surely it's easier for you if people see the question has already been asked, and answered, on here ?

That bald jobsworth prick, the little Hitler on security at City will love this I. D. check fiasco to happen again,, I remember his smug face in Paris and Bucharest when we had to collect our tkts and show passports, he was condescending to say the least.
I don't remember which official it was in Bucharest but there were a load of us outside the pickup point 2 hours before kickoff that they decided to heard past the gate to get us out of the way. We spent an hour standing around, no refreshments, no bog, and absolutely no reason to have been moved. Not allowed to go into the stadium and not allowed to go back out of the fenced off area.

Who is representing away support at these meetings whilst you're discussing changing the existing system, and how much notice do you intend giving that it will drop to 2, 3 or 5 years. Are supporters that have had to miss games this season for example, but been to the majority of games for the last 20 seasons now going to find they are way down the queue ? Or will it be 2, 3 or 5 years notice before these changes take effect ?

Also not sure why it's getting tiresome, some of us on here voted for you based on you telling us you were running for the position on this forum, and unless you want 100's of emails asking the same question, surely it's easier for you if people see the question has already been asked, and answered, on here ?
It’s getting tiresome because I’ve said the same thing a number of times, the last being 30 minutes ago. And I’ve no idea how it will work or how it’ll be introduced because we haven’t started discussing the mechanics.

I’ve also said a number of times that I’m committed to looking after the interests of people like squirtyflower and others who I know attend pretty well every game. They will always have first crack and the club also feel the same way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.