Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

The biggest problem is here.
He can dislike UAE all he wants but he is saying he can be happy with the source of his wages.

So he has no ethical problem when it is about his wages. So why is he sensitive when same regimes pay other people and views it as a negative development ?
Reminds me of the Arsenal benefitting from Emirates money and even having their stadium named after the Middle East Emirate but vomitting City UAE money.

This needs hammering to him off every blue on Twitter to show what a fuckin hypocritical **** he is.

Couple of hours ago, the view from the ‘journalists’ was that if City had broken any rules then they should be punished, and that a ban would seem the most likely outcome. After all, we all have to obey the rules.
Hour ago, discussing how successful English clubs have been in Europe this season, the view was that we have to keep a careful eye on the big European clubs because they really don’t like the PL and its money and success, and will try and do anything to stop it.
Confused?

We are a foreign club to them, have you not watched European nights on BT?

I’ve found out it must be 1989 when their transfer spend was over £8m.

I’m trying to find their turnover for that financial year but can’t find it anywhere, can anyone help??

You've got about as far as I always have when I've tried to do the same. It'd be really good if someone could find it.

89/90 they spent close to £9mill on players and when you consider Michael Knighton was trying to buy the club for £20mill it shows the size of the investment in players was massive

That wouldn’t be far off £25m or something today. Would be interesting to do an inflation of all transfers since say 1970. Bet we wouldn’t be in the top 3 for overall transfer spend.

So today on the radio we’ve had
Sane deffo off
Deffo ban coming
Staff making fun of a uefa official dying
Silva past it
Aguero leaving
Gabby going to athletico
NEXT.......

Of all the ex city players to talk to about vinnie they choose tony coton!
He was a rag for more years than he played for us.
Well done sky, outdone yourself there.
You mean you don't think the Goat will be presented with the same opportunity on Sky should De Gea move on in the summer?

*** For clarity, I am not remotely comparing Kompany and De Gea as people or players, it is just an example.............

That wouldn’t be far off £25m or something today. Would be interesting to do an inflation of all transfers since say 1970. Bet we wouldn’t be in the top 3 for overall transfer spend.

Nooo, you can't measure it on the basis of the rate of inflation - that's measured on a basket of goods a representative sample would spend money on. Not many of us go out and buy footballers. Inflation is not an absolute measure.

Transfer inflation is totally different, it's up by thousands of percent since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.