John Stones - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll pencil him down as a starter next season. He has become grossly underrated here.
Agreed,i think he's our best defender.

His head wasnt always on his game this year unfortunately,hopefully that wont be the case next season and beyond.

He will be back stronger next year. In the run in, who was he realistically going to replace, Kompany? No way. Laporte? No way.

I just wanted to say bloody well done with the goal line clearance,that probably won us the title

That's a bit of a media urban myth. Firstly, it only looks that way because of the outrageous luck and refereeing largesse accorded to the Scousers. Secondly, we created enough in that game to think we could have still come back and won (as we did in 2014). As it is, we should have won at least 3-1 if rugby tackling counted as a foul.

But agree with the core point that Stones will be back as a regular starter next season and I expect him to have a very strong season.

Happy 25th Birthday, John Stones!
109 Appearances 8,224 Minutes Played 5 Goals 1 Assist
1f440.png
11 millimetres 2 Premier League 2 League Cup 1 FA Cup 1 Community Shield

He did make a massive blunder tbf. This coming season will be big for him he needs to show his worth to pep and cement himself as a regular.

Just watched the highlights and none of the back four covered themselves in glory , shambolic defending throughout , the difference is Stones got punished , people like Carragher will jump on the bandwagon re-Stones because he still hasnt got over the Dipper league title failure and every opportunity he has to kick us , he will take. Stones is a confidence player and Pep will have him in the right place come August

Just watched the highlights and none of the back four covered themselves in glory , shambolic defending throughout , the difference is Stones got punished , people like Carragher will jump on the bandwagon re-Stones because he still hasnt got over the Dipper league title failure and every opportunity he has to kick us , he will take. Stones is a confidence player and Pep will have him in the right place come August
Sorry but not for the first time in either a City or England shirt,JS has dropped more than one bollock.
Why cant City fans just accept that he is nowhere near the level of a consistent centre half that Pep accepts.
Sorry its called "Blue Eyed"

Hope he recovers from this and what we heard is the "personal problem" that affected him (breakup?).

Tough with the way the media will be covering this one. Will be a big test for him come next season, and would really be a shame if he doesn't for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.