Matthijs de Ligt

Yeah, he is better than de Ligt. I really hope we don't spend too much on de Ligt because I don't like paying for a mere possibility. I think we will though.
We're not really used to spending more than the player's current value (apart from Higuain - De Laurentiis struck again lol). I'm more inclined to spend money for a young striker than for a young defender though, because attacking can be based on talent (which is evident from early on) while defending has to be based also on experience and mental focus, and that you can only build through the years.
The positive with de Ligt is he scores a lot for a defender !

I agree with you. De Ligt hype has reached such heights than it would seem a tragedy to miss out on him. But he is no Beckenbauer, or not yet.
PSG has more pressing needs than CB like a goalkeeper or some midfielders and full backs but even i would be kinda disappointed that we won't sign him just because there has been such a saga and rollercoaster of events.
Weird how hype can influence people. I guess that if your board and PSG board value him so high, he will prove to be a formidable signing for you.

Anyway, glad to see another team fan on here. It brings diversity and you are a pleasant person. But i don't forget that Juventus is historically our most despised opponent in Europe. ^^ We have consistenly lost to you and, everytime we did, you won the trophy.

I seriously do not understand de Ligt's stance (or that of his agent).
He is going to be a very rich player whichever team he ends up at and, at this stage of his career, surely he should be looking to join the club which he feels has most to offer him from a development point of view.
In his shoes I would probably be off to Barcelona because of the history of Dutch players/managers there, the chance to play with his mate De Jong and Messi plus the weather is nice and the city is great.
If he wants the best coaching however he should be househunting in Chorlton ;)

His first choice was Barça but they didn't want to pay him what he thought they should. If we were him, we would have gone for our first choice nonetheless, I mean we would still be paid a lot yeah? We are not him though. Players get a lot of money at almost every team nowadays, yet contracts can still be decided based on money. We don't understand why, but we're not top players.

Money wasn't the issue at Barça, it's the pressure and hype he has to live up to. If he wanted Barça too it would have been sorted not long after Frenkie, the lad clearly wants to take up a challenge elsewhere without too much pressure or spotlight, at the same time challenging for all major trophies.

I seriously do not understand de Ligt's stance (or that of his agent).
He is going to be a very rich player whichever team he ends up at and, at this stage of his career, surely he should be looking to join the club which he feels has most to offer him from a development point of view.
In his shoes I would probably be off to Barcelona because of the history of Dutch players/managers there, the chance to play with his mate De Jong and Messi plus the weather is nice and the city is great.
If he wants the best coaching however he should be househunting in Chorlton ;)

For me, another (though far from the worse) example of the problems that come about because the agents representing players are financially, hugely conflicted

Lets put aside for one moment the point you seem to be making (which I agree with), namely that once the guy is going to get a £50M+ guaranteed contract, surely he should decide which club/country/manager he would prefer to play for than get an extra £10M

The fact remains there is no set formula for what an agent gets paid and crucially, it gets paid by the buyer on top of the agreed transfer fee and salary. The club willing to pay the agent what he wants, which could quite literally be a figure plucked out of thin air, is the club the agent will try to force. Even if the agent is a saint, he is conflicted

Until there is a set formula for how agents are paid and/or agents are paid out of the players' receipts rather than the club's, those conflicts will persist. No end is in sight to this problem.

The positive with de Ligt is he scores a lot for a defender !

I agree with you. De Ligt hype has reached such heights than it would seem a tragedy to miss out on him. But he is no Beckenbauer, or not yet.
PSG has more pressing needs than CB like a goalkeeper or some midfielders and full backs but even i would be kinda disappointed that we won't sign him just because there has been such a saga and rollercoaster of events.
Weird how hype can influence people. I guess that if your board and PSG board value him so high, he will prove to be a formidable signing for you.

Anyway, glad to see another team fan on here. It brings diversity and you are a pleasant person. But i don't forget that Juventus is historically our most despised opponent in Europe. ^^ We have consistenly lost to you and, everytime we did, you won the trophy.

Lol really? You are not our most despised opponent although we hate you just as much as every other top club in Europe.
It's funny you say that because we have won so little in Europe and we have such an unlucky history in the competition (record number of lost finals).

Tired of this saga but I'm always excited to see a back and forth between our resident Barcelona and PSG fans

giphy.gif
It is incredible how FCBarca hates PSG.

I don't like his team but i will refrain to let it be shown in every post.

Even in a thread where i mostly aknowledge the player should go to Barcelona if they improve their offer, he has to try and make some digs about PSG.
Even our local OM rival fans are not that bitter about us. Unbelievable stuff.

Money wasn't the issue at Barça, it's the pressure and hype he has to live up to. If he wanted Barça too it would have been sorted not long after Frenkie, the lad clearly wants to take up a challenge elsewhere without too much pressure or spotlight, at the same time challenging for all major trophies.

Oh but he would get pressure at Juventus, especially with the competition he would have in defense.

Lol really? You are not our most despised opponent although we hate you just as much as every other top club in Europe.
It's funny you say that because we have won so little in Europe and we have such an unlucky history in the competition (record number of lost finals).
You beat us in 1984 and went on to win the C2, beat us in 90 and 94 and went on to win the C3 and you won the SuperCup finals in 1997 by a whooping 6 - 1 score (and without Aytekin).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.