Matthijs de Ligt

You beat us in 1984 and went on to win the C2, beat us in 90 and 94 and went on to win the C3 and you won the SuperCup finals in 1997 by a whooping 6 - 1 score (and without Aytekin).

Let's hope we face you again next year then ;)

Oh but he would get pressure at Juventus, especially with the competition he would have in defense.

Well, that's different pressure. He could have a bad run of form there and Juve will continue with senior players or others and give him a chance to improve. Plus he has better chance at winning league title compared to Barça given how teams around them are rebuilding heavily. And mostly, the Bianconeri may even forgive him or be patient with him if there's stumbles or hardship in form or lack of CL success any soon, but you won't have that at Barcelona.

You cannot do that there, the margin for mistakes or bad form is very little, you get crucified and usually your career takes a bad hit if you don't succeed there for reasons like that.

Hence why I say easy to see why Juve or PSG have been contenders.

Well, that's different pressure. He could have a bad run of form there and Juve will continue with senior players or others and give him a chance to improve. Plus he has better chance at winning league title compared to Barça given how teams around them are rebuilding heavily. And mostly, the Bianconeri may even forgive him or be patient with him if there's stumbles or hardship in form or lack of CL success any soon, but you won't have that at Barcelona.

You cannot do that there, the margin for mistakes or bad form is very little, you get crucified and usually your career takes a bad hit if you don't succeed there for reasons like that.

Hence why I say easy to see why Juve or PSG have been contenders.

I would agree but I think you're underestimating our desire for a CL title. Sarri's appointment has surely been a setback from that point of view though.

Let's hope we face you again next year then ;)
Yeah. Hopefully we meet again and Mbappé nutmeg de Ligt and goes on to score an hattrick.

Truth be told, i can totally see a scenario like that in the first leg and then, Cristiano scores four goals in return leg.

Only thing i can say is Juventus was "doomed" a decade ago and now they have done incredible business to come back to the top.

I would agree but I think you're underestimating our desire for a CL title. Sarri's appointment has surely been a setback from that point of view though.

No I'm not underestimating the desire but it's just how the failure impacts the club, you get hungry every year, knowing you'll fight for it at all costs. But at Barça they seem to care less about the league and only CL. Given how Valverde has done in league and fans want some players and coach out solely off the fact that they have no CL success.

Yeah. Hopefully we meet again and Mbappé nutmeg de Ligt and goes on to score an hattrick.

Truth be told, i can totally see a scenario like that in the first leg and then, Cristiano scores four goals in return leg.

Only thing i can say is Juventus was "doomed" a decade ago and now they have done incredible business to come back to the top.

Haha let's not jinx everything in advance, shall we?
And thanks for your words; no one usually mentions the work we've done to come back to the top, we're always the easy villains after all. But I guess you're used to that role, too.

No I'm not underestimating the desire but it's just how the failure impacts the club, you get hungry every year, knowing you'll fight for it at all costs. But at Barça they seem to care less about the league and only CL. Given how Valverde has done in league and fans want some players and coach out solely off the fact that they have no CL success.

I agree he would have enormous pressure at Barça, I guess I can mostly see things from our point of view so I'm not really objective.
It's just that they don't usually rely too much on the strength of their defense so they would maybe be more lenient towards his mistakes. That also means they're in need of a good defender though, so I can see them going after him. I mean, in my opinion they need him more than us.

Haha let's not jinx everything in advance, shall we?
And thanks for your words; no one usually mentions the work we've done to come back to the top, we're always the easy villains after all. But I guess you're used to that role, too.
Well, i don't like Agnelli views in ECA and in France, Juventus is often associated with doping scandals (with some of our players like Deschamps, Zidane being strong suspects) and the whole Calciopoli disaster. However, the work being done both in sporting sense (with all the smart signing for free agents or low fees) and in the business sense (owning a brand new stadium, developping the brand) is maybe the best in the last ten years. You even got to two CL finals.

No doubt he'll earn well wherever he goes. Depends what his other criteria are.

League and manager - City

Culture and country -Juventus

Live in Paris and salary - PSG

Chance to play with a declining Messi - Barcelona

Are we even in for him at this point? Seem like the rags were linked to him more than us, at least before the PSG rumors became stronger.

In any case, I would say wages and chances of trophy and playing time are top most in his mind.

Chances of domestic trophy we are all close I reckon. With juve and psg more of a sure thing. Chances of CL I would say juve leads the group. And he gets to play with a declining Ronaldo

Playing time wise I'm not sure. None really has a big hole to fill in the starting lineup. Probably the rags really need a world class CB the most but....

Wages we are all close again although I believe barca can't afford to pay him high wages without off loading some of their out of favour players first. Not sure where are we and psg regarding FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.