Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im fairly confident City will be working to bring in a CB.

Even with komps in the back 4 and for all the brilliance of City, we struggled when trying to see out tight matches against high balls Liverpool and Spurs at home several n the league being 2 examples.

The Champs league when Llorente came on and his eventual dodgy winner is another classic example.

City aren't half as good seeing out a game without the ball at han when they have it.

Therefore I'm quietly confident that if not Maguire it will be someone with his physical attributes and skill set that as well as firming up the back will be able to contribute in the build up.
Agree x2

His pace doesn't suit our game but maybe we don't need to add more of the same. Maguire offers us something we don't have, and possibly could do with.

I couldn't see this transfer happening myself but I think you might be onto something.

Out of interest how do you know Sandler is the best ball playing defender in the squad? Are you basing this on the minutes he played last season against a championship team?
@Adebayor

He played football before he joined City. Ive watched a lot of those videos and compared his passing touch, vision, variety and accuracy to those of our current CBs,and concluded as I did.

That's an untrue characterization. Pep trusted John at the start of the season, it was after his injury and personal problem coupled with Kompany hitting good form that confined John to the bench.

Prior to his injury, John started every big game. I expect John to be the starter next season. And if given the opportunity, Sandler wi run him close.
We need someone with really good Arial ability especially when defending corners its something we lack and something that the dippers have an advantage over us with van dick. Neither stones or sandler solve that problem for us. Pep himself has admitted that we are weak in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.