Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the comments here are quite harsh on Stones. i.e, Pep doesnt trust him, he's lost form, not first choice, etc etc. Is all that because Pep chose to plav VK in the last 5 games of the season? At which point he must have known vinnie's decision to leave, and gave him the send-off he deserves? So many i know were surprised and anxious every one of those 5 games VK started, and openly argued it should be Stones. Including myself for a few of those (particularly consecutive) games. Up until then however, Stones was first choice with Laporte and did really well, more or less all season and the last one too (partnering Ota a good chunk of it).

Ok i know he makes a big error every now and then, but which of our defenders don't? Even VK has a howler in him, and his timing with tackling is so often a bawhair away from a straight red. Ditto Nico. Laporte looks the most composed, but he makes mistakes too (i.e CL spurs at home). I myself can't see Maguire being first choice over Stones if we did go on to sign him. And i wouldn't say there is any problem with his form, quality or attitude.

Agree with the vast majority of this, Vinnie was selected for his experience in the last 5 games and his leadership and ability to calm other around him, however I winced whenever he was selected in the big games as you just knew he was likely to pick up a yellow early on by body checking a faster forward (united away especially)

Having Vinnie actually fit enough for these games in a row was a miracle but from the start of the season Laporte and Stones was undoubtedly the first choice pairing and I’m sure we’ll see him back to his best this time round.

Also, I’m not against having Maguire sign, no matter the cost because if Pep thinks he’d be an improvement then it’s good enough reasoning for me

I think that this is just how many of our transfers will go from here on.

It took us what, 3 or 4 windows to finally get our man to be Fernandinho's long term replacement? We pursue the sort of players that attract considerable attention so we will have other suitors circling them and selling clubs who act like the hottest girl at the dance.

If we get our man this time, that's great. He will have more time to become one of Pep's Own. If we don't, I trust that there are other targets, who may even be better, that we will hunt for either in this or a subsequent transfer window. Or, better still, we may even have academy lads who grow into the role.

Maybe I'm naive, but I have tremendous confidence in Pep/Txiki/Ferran. Between those 3 and our Sheikh, it'll all work out.

You are joking right ?

Ed Woodward is the type of individual we should be looking to . He knows how to pull off fantastic deals.

I see that the BBC gossip column (source Daily Mail) is reporting that the Rags are confident they can ‘pip’ us to the £75m signing of Maguire. If, as reported, we are not prepared to pay more than £60m and the Rags have offered £75m how, exactly, is that pipping us. It’s more like the Rags winning a one horse race. Good for them.

I see that the BBC gossip column (source Daily Mail) is reporting that the Rags are confident they can ‘pip’ us to the £75m signing of Maguire. If, as reported, we are not prepared to pay more than £60m and the Rags have offered £75m how, exactly, is that pipping us. It’s more like the Rags winning a one horse race. Good for them.
I doubt we have not even spoke to Leicester about him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.