Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The initial whisper here was that the "Arena" development was being built on some land between Mercedes and Piccadilly?

Now development is proposed for the Stadium Complex itself? I think previously, there were other whispers, that an option

was to include an "Arena" as an adjoined unit to any North Stand redevelopment, so as to make North Stand redevelopment

more cost effective, than a standalone project as in the South Stand. Does this possible location of the "Arena" on Stadium

Complex itself, infer that any North Stand redevelopment will include a new shared "City Square2", that will provide food, drink

& entertainment pre event, be that for the Stadium or new "Arena". More critically, is any near term North Stand redevelopment

dependant on this "Arena" moving forward?

Last edited:
A083-C6-D7-BE64-4-F00-A368-1-A56-A7239-AA4.jpg

The initial whisper here was that the "Arena" development was being built on some land between Mercedes and Piccadilly?

Now development is proposed for the Stadium Complex itself? I think previously, there were other whispers, that an option

was to include an "Arena" as an adjoined unit to any North Stand redevelopment, so as to make North Stand redevelopment more cost effective

I think that was more of a guess than a whisper.

The Arena won’t be close to or part of the North Stand.

Simple answer is that there’s no where near enough room to build the biggest arena in the country where our club shop and City Square is. Keep in mind that tens of thousands of people need to pass through this space before and after a game as well.

Last edited:
Heard at the weekend that the North Stand development is on hold. Club want to be assured that we can fill it and will monitor attendances next season.

Has the Puma logo now been removed from the South Stand?

I know traditionally we veered away from any designs on the seating due to the agreement with the council, obviously now I imagine we have pretty much a free hand to do what we want with the stadium since renegotiating the lease.

Has the Puma logo now been removed from the South Stand?

I know traditionally we veered away from any designs on the seating due to the agreement with the council, obviously now I imagine we have pretty much a free hand to do what we want with the stadium since renegotiating the lease.

Busy painting the seats to resemble a bad cocktail as we speak ;-)

North stand will probably go on hold. Too many other projects with better returns will take precedence. The arena will produce healthy returns as will the university development. Id guess only when all those projects are complete and the revenue is being generated will any development of the N stand take place. No business would prioritise the N Stand over these other projects that will produce positive returns. Any case for the N Stand must be marginal and probably has a 25 year plus payback. There will be benefits to us as supporters from these developments- because the general infrastructure on the campus will improve as these other projects get completed and of course safe standing may be with us in 4 or 5 years time.

North stand will probably go on hold. Too many other projects with better returns will take precedence. The arena will produce healthy returns as will the university development. Id guess only when all those projects are complete and the revenue is being generated will any development of the N stand take place. No business would prioritise the N Stand over these other projects that will produce positive returns. Any case for the N Stand must be marginal and probably has a 25 year plus payback. There will be benefits to us as supporters from these developments- because the general infrastructure on the campus will improve as these other projects get completed and of course safe standing may be with us in 4 or 5 years time.
Are you saying here that the university campus will generate a return for City? How? Unless ADUG are involved in some way in the financing?

Heard at the weekend that the North Stand development is on hold. Club want to be assured that we can fill it and will monitor attendances next season.

Was this from someone at the club?

It’s disappointing if true as Khaldoon was only a month and a half ago talking about it being in the works during his end of season interview.

Maybe we’ve seen what Tottenham have built with the new one tiered stand and want a complete re-think on the build.

They may also want more time in terms of Family Stand relocation. From the 20/21 season the bottom tier will no longer be an official part of the Family Stand area.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.