Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That was my main point expanding the ground when the current roads and infrastructure is not good enough for the current capacity is not a great idea . Any expansion needs to also include proper transport and road solutions as part of it

Particularly mid week games
Perhaps when there's proper car parking at the North End that allows quicker flow of cars and pedestrians, people might not need to rush out as much at the end if the game, even with 6 to 8k more fans.

Plus with better choices to stay at the ground, to eat/drink in a warm and dry building, then maybe an extra line won't be required.

You must be too young to have gone to Maine road. Having the away fans next to us used to generate the atmosphere in the kippax that’s why all singers didn’t go down to the other end of the kippax they went next to the away fans for the ding dong of songs and banter and to chuck the odd coin.

51 years old.

Used to stand in that corner of the Kippax, and eventually started songs off. Same in the NS at MR. Sat in block R, right next to the away fans.

Liverpool, United, Spurs (their new stadium), Newcastle, and a host of other clubs don’t have their singing sections or home ends next to the away fans, and they still manage create an atmosphere. It’s not only about creating an atmosphere, but creating a large home end behind one of the goals. As it is the SS is split up via 3 levels of home fans, 3 levels of away fans, a corporate block, and restaurant, etc. That isn’t a home end, and bar the big games, that stadium layout doesn’t create an atmosphere.

No offence. This isn’t directed at you, as you have every right to questions things, but I honestly don’t see a problem with creating a ‘dedicated home end’ for Manchester City fans at the Etihad, where up to 12,000-15,000 City fans can stand and sit together, and can create a better atmosphere inside the stadium. I honestly can’t understand why anybody would question that, the need for it, and be against it.

Took some screen grabs of the survey. Will post them later on.

Last edited:
51 years old.

Used to stand in that corner of the Kippax, and eventually started songs off. Same in the NS at MR. Sat in block R, right next to the away fans.

Liverpool, United, Spurs (their new stadium), Newcastle, and a host of other clubs don’t have their singing sections or home ends next to the away fans, and they still manage create an atmosphere. It’s not only about creating an atmosphere, but creating a large home end behind one of the goals. As it is the SS is split up via 3 levels of home fans, 3 levels of away fans, a corporate block, and restaurant, etc. That isn’t a home end, and bar the big games, that stadium layout doesn’t create an atmosphere.

No offence. This isn’t directed at you, as you have every right to questions things, but I honestly don’t see a problem with creating a ‘dedicated home end’ for Manchester City fans at the Etihad, where up to 12,000-15,000 City fans can stand and sit together, and can create a better atmosphere inside the stadium. I honestly can’t understand why anybody would question that, the need for it, and be against it.

I don’t disagree it sounds great, I object because my season tickets are in the family stand and they are great seats!!!!

Perhaps when there's proper car parking at the North End that allows quicker flow of cars and pedestrians, people might not need to rush out as much at the end if the game, even with 6 to 8k more fans.

Plus with better choices to stay at the ground, to eat/drink in a warm and dry building, then maybe an extra line won't be required.
Evening Kick Offs? No use going by train then.

51 years old.

The thought of it sounds good, as mentioned before though it was a shambles when we tried it albeit once. I still think the atmosphere is where it is because of the away fans. English home atmospheres are pants all round. It's great we are looking at ways to improve it but I don't think there is a great deal that can be done.

Metrolink will improve atmosphere ?
People literally running into oncoming traffic

Exactly this. More people will feel compelled to stay until the end and get behind the team.

You obviously don't leave until the end, the amount of near misses between drivers and pedestrians going back down Grey Mare Lane is a standing joke.

Both are to blame.

I don’t disagree it sounds great, I object because my season tickets are in the family stand and they are great seats!!!!

I’m sure they’ll be moved to other great seats. Families will be kept in the first two tiers I’m sure.

Sounds like they’re even planning upgrades for the new Family Stand, where ever that may be, with heated bar areas and toilets and bars designed more for kids as well.

Metrolink will improve atmosphere ?
People literally running into oncoming traffic
Bring Metrolink right into the ground why don't we? That'll help! Not that's never been tried before.... (waiting for Gary James to point out the railway siding that ran in front of a stand at the corner of the old Hyde Road back in the day) ha ha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.