Community shield Post match thread

I do like Zinchenko , but someone needs to teach him to put the ball out of play , safety first , three occasions today he should have headed the ball for a corner or a throw in and instead he tried to keep the ball alive. Apart from this he is a very good full back , but still has to learn some defensive basics.

Lol you sound like my neighbour at the Etihad. He still can't stop worrying about passing out from the back.

Sure Zinchenko can improve. He's still very young and is relatively new to the left back role. Compare how he is to how he was on his debut there against Wolves in the league cup and he's improved so much already.

Believe in him. He's far more intelligent as a player than Mendy. Mendy is an average defender, with average positional play, but has an exceptional first time cross on him. In all other areas, Zinchenko matches him or betters him.

Mark Clattenburg: "The reaction of the City manager was not acceptable... Four yellow cards for a manager will lead to a one-match touchline ban this season. Luckily for the City boss, the Community Shield is not considered a 'competitive fixture'." [via @MailSport]

Fuck off you bent git

Tbf Pep made a **** of himself there and deserved the booking.

Whether it’ll apply when Teeth or The Wheel do similar remains to be seen.

Always nice to beat them, but not sure it was particularly deserved (although in some ways that makes it sweeter). We were by far the better team in the first half, but thought we were poor in the second half and they looked much more threatening. Suggests it will be a very close title race again. Looking forward to it.

Any news on when Mendy is back? I agree it’s risky if we go into the season with zinchenko and Angelino

The latest I heard is that he will start training with the team again during the next week...let's hope so. If we get this Cancelo guy who is a right back...whether he can play left back I don't know.

Always nice to beat them, but not sure it was particularly deserved (although in some ways that makes it sweeter). We were by far the better team in the first half, but thought we were poor in the second half and they looked much more threatening. Suggests it will be a very close title race again. Looking forward to it.

Yes we could easily have lost that, the amount of tines Salah got free was worrying and we already miss Vinny's organisation and leadership at the back. Early days though and we have players to come back and we dug in and won. Denied the scousers another trophy so happy days.

Lol you sound like my neighbour at the Etihad. He still can't stop worrying about passing out from the back.

Sure Zinchenko can improve. He's still very young and is relatively new to the left back role. Compare how he is to how he was on his debut there against Wolves in the league cup and he's improved so much already.

Believe in him. He's far more intelligent as a player than Mendy. Mendy is an average defender, with average positional play, but has an exceptional first time cross on him. In all other areas, Zinchenko matches him or betters him.

Not worried at all about passing out from the back , he needs to learn how to defend and put the ball in row Z when he has to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.