Var debate 2019/20

The handball decision was spot on.
The penalty a lot less so but clearly more subjectivity is allowed in the laws.

Two things struck me:
1. As we are likely to create the most chances in the division, and score the most goals then it’s likely we will be involved in the greatest number of VAR decisions. Not a thought that’s good for the stress levels but buckle up everyone ...

2. The biggest gap is the moment is the refusal by the PL to allow more transparency of decisions.
Rugby Union has a lot more complicated rules but feel a lot more informed on why decisions have been made than I do in football. We should mike up the refs and show the VAR decisions both at the ground and on telly. VAR will lead to better decisions overall so why don’t the FA/PL (whoever it is) grow a pair and adopt a much more transparent approach. The longer they don’t the more the more bizarre conspiracy theories sometimes witnessed here will grow yet further.

How can they spot an handball that nobody on the pitch or in the ground or in the commentary box spotted yet miss a blatant penalty that everyone spotted unless they're cheating.

Always been measured and said, it all events out.

But it's because they're cheating. No other explanation. Too many instances now where instances in our favour ignored but against us immediately pulled up.

Two things struck me:
1. As we are likely to create the most chances in the division, and score the most goals then it’s likely we will be involved in the greatest number of VAR decisions. Not a thought that’s good for the stress levels but buckle up everyone ...

2. The biggest gap is the moment is the refusal by the PL to allow more transparency of decisions.
Rugby Union has a lot more complicated rules but feel a lot more informed on why decisions have been made than I do in football. We should mike up the refs and show the VAR decisions both at the ground and on telly. VAR will lead to better decisions overall so why don’t the FA/PL (whoever it is) grow a pair and adopt a much more transparent approach. The longer they don’t the more the more bizarre conspiracy theories sometimes witnessed here will grow yet further.
Hand ball "spot on" ? You would need a DNA test to be sure it even touched him .

It was shown on the screen as a still. No one around me had a fucking clue why it was disallowed.
Sky said it was not clear whose hand it hit so not clear and obvious so it should have stood,2 games in and we are the most scrutinized team so far with marginal decisions going against,i watched the dipers first game and not 1 of there goals were dissected to the mm,i feel we are going to be looked at closely all season

Two things struck me:

Was it fuck spot on,VAR in the Premier League according to the FA is supposed to be clear and obvious mistakes not reviewed in anything other than real time. Also the on field ref missed it apart from offside it should not be looked at, no re reffing of the game was the mantra, clearly changed the criteria within 8 days of the VAR being implemented.

How can they spot an handball that nobody on the pitch or in the ground or in the commentary box spotted yet miss a blatant penalty that everyone spotted unless they're cheating.
You answered your own question. Corrupt corrupt corrupt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.