Var debate 2019/20

Selective VAR.

Whomever decides on what VAR should review needs to be checked out, we dont even know who is deciding when incidents are looked at.

Currently this season we have had 5 potential VAR incidents, 3 where VAR should have been used and we didnt benefit (IE penalty claims today), and 2 where VAR was used and we did benefit (IE Aguero Penalty). VAR is being selectively used so far. VAR should not be missing things, and if it is then fuck it off, we might as well have the referee "missing things"
In rugby league you know the name of all officials for every game including the Video Ref.

Okay it doesn’t always help since one was sent death threats by a Warrington fan recently but at least you know who’s making the decisions in the studio.

With VAR, it could be Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish for every City game for all we know.

So var shouldn’t be consistent across all competitions? I’d disagree there mate but point taken

Of course consistency would be sane, but the PL in their wisdom have decided to do their own thing. What we now have is multiple ways of using it!

Not using it on keepers on their line.
Reducing use of pitchside review far more by setting a higher bar (I've posted earlier on this, copying multiple sources - #2536)

2 questions...

1. Are the VAR operators asked who they support in the same ways refs are?

2. Why does there not seem to be the same controversy in Serie A and Germany?

In rugby league you know the name of all officials for every game including the Video Ref.

Okay it doesn’t always help since one was sent death threats by a Warrington fan recently but at least you know who’s making the decisions in the studio.

With VAR, it could be Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish for every City game for all we know.

That's tosh, I'm afraid.

The names are released at the same time as the refs.

2 questions...

Er...There was in Germany, especially in the early days

Of course consistency would be sane, but the PL in their wisdom have decided to do their own thing. What we now have is multiple ways of using it!

Not using it on keepers on their line.
Reducing use of pitchside review far more by setting a higher bar (I've posted earlier on this, copying multiple sources - #2536)
I’d have thought they’d use it on keepers to keep them on the line?
Strange but then the implementation of the rules stopped making sense a long time ago

2 questions...

Graham SCott (today's VAR, I think) was a PL level ref. They're all senior refs/linesmen, so yes, it'll all be registered.

Regarding Germany - I think it's not that popular there, but we probably need St Pauli to tell us in detail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.