Var debate 2019/20

I await Old Mother Riley to make a statement in a few weeks to explain that there were four more instances where VAR fucked up - the Delefeou pen, the DirtyAli handball, the Zaha rugby tackle on KdB, and the pen denied MANUre tomorrow for a 99th min winner!

It either requires getting rid of are completely over hauling. No half measures either adopt it, fully so it corrects all incorrect decisions, are do not use it at all. You cannot have the technology and then see obvious poor decisions but not rectify them.

I said it from week one its a waste of time. Even if it improved decision-making I will always hate it as it is ruining the emotion of the game.

Fuck me. When frank thinks something is bent, it REALLY must be bent.

So what they are saying is that if you play in a fucking sky blue shirt and your fucking name Is Man City then handball is fucking handball and it’s chalked off but if your spurs then it’s a goal . Cheating bastards the lot of them

I notice the example of police checking police is used.
In fact the police have a seperate division that checks complaints, whereas refs are recycled between ref and var duty.
There are obvious reasons why a ref reaches PL standard in real time whereas commen sense and an ability to check a particular rule in retrospect and with time to adjudicate define var decision making.
Split the personel and their roles otherwise conflicts occur.
Otherwise our suspicion is that friends help friends or are instructed to do so.

As it's currently implemented VAR might as well stand for Verify All Referee's. The way it's being used right now is useless other than for offsides. Might as well do away with referalls for anything else as all it's doing is wasting time if they're not going to at least tell the on-field ref to take another look.

That's it in a nutshell BG.. It is wide open to manipulation. Not seen the Spuds goal but heard it came off Ali's arm but the goal was still given. We had 2 handball decisions both against Spuds and both went against us.. That alone tells you VAR is not being implemented uniformly... therefore it's bent!

Sorry, but I have corrected some earlier on this. It didn't "hit his arm" or "come off it". He controlled the ball with his arm.
Sorry to be a pedant, but there is a big difference. How VAR didn't rule out the goal is beyond me.

Guys come on like. It's well known that Alli was born with ChestiupperarmSyndrom. That hit his chest.

KDB was a 100% nailed on penalty today , i was naive enough to think we would benefit from VAR and an even playing field would benefit our next title campaign , i couldnt have been more wrong its an instrument for the premier league to halt us winning another title. The Dippers will not suffer a game changing VAR decision this season ,because a Dipper title win is good for the "brand".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.