Var debate 2019/20

An attacking hold is probably not reviewable without a goal being claimed.
Fouls for penalties can be VARed though, I would have thought.

It is broken by the fudge you mention. The flaw is that VAR says "potential hold" to onfield ref. Onfield ref says "saw it, not a penalty", and then it stops. As yet, we have no idea what constitutes something that would lead to a penalty being given via VAR review.

Haven't seen last night's to comment on it.

My mistake, it was Sokratis who was pulled.

Going back to the Rodrigo incident:

Neil Swarbrick - the ex referee and now chief of VAR said:

“The arm was around the top of the body, yet Rodri fell forward. He didn’t fall backwards like he was pulled, he fell forward, so he felt contact, can he win the header? No he can’t, so he’s gone down looking for a penalty."

He's basically accused Rodrigo of cheating. Shouldn't he be forced to resign? How can he fall backwards without defying the laws of gravity?

jzOaBIW.jpg

“The arm was around the top of the body, yet Rodri fell forward. He didn’t fall backwards like he was pulled, he fell forward, so he felt contact, can he win the header? No he can’t, so he’s gone down looking for a penalty."

He's basically accused Rodrigo of cheating. Shouldn't he be forced to resign? How can he fall backwards without defying the laws of gravity?

jzOaBIW.jpg

Everyone laughed at the woefulness of that attempt. It was one of the early signs that they weren't overruling refs.

I have yet to see a player after being pushed fall backwards. Surely this would be a miracle if that ever happened. So now you know if you feel a push fall backwards and that should result in a penalty.

Fouls for penalties can be VARed though, I would have thought.

It is broken by the fudge you mention. The flaw is that VAR says "potential hold" to onfield ref. Onfield ref says "saw it, not a penalty", and then it stops. As yet, we have no idea what constitutes something that would lead to a penalty being given via VAR review.

Nor will you. VAR is there to confirm onfield decisions. No onfield decisions, as yet, have been overturned.

I long for the days when there were linesmen a referee in black with a whistle and a book, they can shove this man in a shed and onfield nonsense where the sun doesn't shine for all I care.

Going back to the offsides, when it came in we had a discussion on here about frame rates and the inherent uncertainty.

It's taken the media about 2 months to catch up with us, but here's the argument re-run as to why VAR can not make a definitive VAR call.

What they can do is call an offside but with a degree of uncertainty - all measurements carry such an error budget.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-2-4cm-offside-allowed-13cm-margin-error.html

Going back to the offsides, when it came in we had a discussion on here about frame rates and the inherent uncertainty.

It's taken the media about 2 months to catch up with us, but here's the argument re-run as to why VAR can not make a definitive VAR call.

What they can do is call an offside but with a degree of uncertainty - all measurements carry such an error budget.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-2-4cm-offside-allowed-13cm-margin-error.html
You do know that story was 17 August, they were aware, just didn't want to do anything about it

jzOaBIW.jpg

It seems fairly obvious that if someone as strong as professional footballer is pulling you backwards, you're pushing forward to get away from then, and then they release their grip the motion will carry you forward and not backwards. What sort or nonsense is this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.